Demographics of Carnival Paradise Cruises

Cruise Monkey

Hi, I am heading on a 4 day weekday Paradise cruise followed by a 3 day weekend Paradise cruise in just over a month - sweet! Was wondering what the breakdown is (roughly) of passengers on either/both of those two cruises - numbers are good, but a general idea from someone who has been on one would be good too. From what I have read here before, my understanding is that the weekday cruise is less roudy and tends to have more people in their 30s and 40s (so I have heard). The weekend cruise is more party oriented and generally has a party crowd in their 20s. Is this accurate or am I way off base - I have been known to be wrong before :p I have been on the Triumph and the Conquest and think that the demographics of this particular cruise will be quite different based on the embarkation port, the short sailing, and the port(s), but would appreciate any imput - especially from someone who has been on these sailings.

Thanks.

I was on the four day this month and it was mostly people in their 20's and 30's. Not too many families. Hardly any older people. The last time I did the three nighter it was mostly young 20 year old partiers. The four night one is more sedate. Hope this helps.

I was on a 4-day recently from April 10-14. It was our Spring break. We saw almost all families on board. In fact, one of my travel companions who had never been on a cruise, commented on how this was definitely a family cruise. She was expecting more "party boat". Oh, there was a fair mix of people in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s....all the way into their 80s and even 90s. A good amount of kids, too. But, they were never that visible.

So, I would say it was a nice sampling of each age group with the majority being in their 30s, 40s and 50s. I've never really since a big difference of the demographics with any of my cruises, no matter the line. The only exception being is on the Sun Princess 10-nighter there were a few more seniors.

I was on the four day this month and it was mostly people in their 20's and 30's. Not too many families. Hardly any older people. The last time I did the three nighter it was mostly young 20 year old partiers. The four night one is more sedate. Hope this helps.

We were on the Paradise 4 day a while back (a yr ago Jan) and found that there were hardly any teenagers for my daughter to meet up with. It seemed to be an older crowd. But I am told the partiers are more the 3 day or weekend crowds. Anyway there will be 70+ of us "older" -Mid 40's, folks come this September 8th on the Paradise 3 day and we will act like we are in our 20 & 30's. (High School Reunion Cruise here we come!)

Have done the 3 day Paradise cruise. Mostly 20 and 30 somthing party type. Formal night was a joke, Lots of jeans and Tshirts. I knew we were on a bubba cruise when we had lobster on formal night, but weren't even given a salad fork. Yep, one fork for everything..... Just seemed really weird for a formal dinner.

We now stick to the 8 day cruises on Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...
I was recently on a 3-day Paradise cruise and it was definately a young partying group. They didn't interfere with our good time; we just made a point to avoid the areas that were a little wild. The ship was beautiful, the crew was great and it was a wonderful cruise.

So what were the wild areas? I am thinking of taking the 3day just so I can cruise again soon and want to avoid these areas!

I'm curious as to why you are doing 3 & 4 day opposed to 7 day. In my opinion 7 day is more laid back (I do 4 day- I would never do another 3 day) & you don't get the repetition of menus, shows, etc. Just got off 4 day Paradise- not many kids, alot of 20 somethings you wouldn't expect to see on cruise(looked like they were Laughlin types) lot of midwesterners, lot of Mormons. All were well behaved.

I'm curious as to why you are doing 3 & 4 day opposed to 7 day. In my opinion 7 day is more laid back (I do 4 day- I would never do another 3 day) & you don't get the repetition of menus, shows, etc. Just got off 4 day Paradise- not many kids, alot of 20 somethings you wouldn't expect to see on cruise(looked like they were Laughlin types) lot of midwesterners, lot of Mormons. All were well behaved.

I've only done 7 day cruises in the past. The reason we are doing it this way is that two people in our group could only do a weekend cruise, and the rest of us wanted to do a seven day cruise. I figure that this way, those of us who want to do a 7 day cruise can (albeit with some repetition), and the other 2 can still cruise with us. It sounds dumb, but it works. What I really want to do is a back to back eastern and western cruise for a total of 14 days. Now that would be fun.

I was on a 4-nighter Paradise in November. I'm 60+, DD is 40. It was a great mix of folks, not many kiddies or teens. I'd guess the average age to have been around 35-50. I really don't know how that can help you. Any cruise could be completely different than the last or next, y'know?;)

So what were the wild areas? I am thinking of taking the 3day just so I can cruise again soon and want to avoid these areas!

You will hear the "wild areas" before you actually see them. The locations varied but the hot tub was one popular spot, even though the weather was quite cool. Some of the bars were a little rowdy as well. You will have no trouble finding quiet areas to relax and enjoy your cruise. Our cruise was wonderful even with the "Party People". Besides, some of these Partying Passengers provided us with great entertainment, although I imagine many of them won't remember. Go and have a great cruise!

Archived