Frequent X'er Does Exotic Hal To The Amazon

tuggers

Morning All!

Today starts my journey with the trip from my home to Jax where I will spend the night at the Airport Holiday Inn. This hotel with the new terrific beds allows you to leave your car for as long as you are gone on your trip for just staying one precruise night! I have stayed at this hotel when the Park and Fly was as low as $68 per night. This trip, getting on to summer, the cost is $102.

Still a great bargain when you consider the cost of even off site airport parking. No free breakfast but they do have a free airport shuttle, both ways. The restaurant is not bad for dinner. Never tried it for breakfast. There is a Dunkin Doughnuts just a short walk across the parking lot.

Those of you that know me, know I am a horrible last minute packer. Got up at 5 am to START! I am now about half done and will be leaving around 1 PM to miss the traffic.

I will be posting a live report here from the ship detailing the cruise with special emphasis on the Amazon portion. I am looking forward to what I consider to be a trip of a lifetime, a 25 night HAL cruise on the small ship (750 passengers) Prinsendam.

More to come!:D

Hi Gail ~ Wishing you a wonderful sailing to the Amazones. A long time ago we lived in Brazil (Sao Paulo) but never made it to the Amazones. May be some day. Have fun ~ Els

Gail have a wonderful cruise.

I could never understand anyone who wanted to go to a place with 85 degree temperatures and 100% humidity but enjoy the trip.. and the air conditioning.

It will be nice to read your comparison between the two lines.

Archived