crown princess

lisa225

my son (15)and i are booked in a ph suite on 8/25 crown princess sailing. i know there are no pictures of this ship yet, but if anyone has pictures of this category suite on the caribbean princess this would help as the crown is a sister ship. we have never sailed princess but have sailed rccl voyager class the past two augusts and my son loved it. i am a little concerned about teen activites on princess as i can find very little info from their website. i would also like to know if anyone has any knowledge comparing princess with rccl voyager class (cabins, food, activities, entertainment, etc.) as we are also holding a reservation for explorer of the seas (grand suite) for the same time (8/25, 9 days) for a much lower price (they had a 2nd person half price promotion). it would be nice to try a new ship (after cruising the past two summers on the voyager), and the itinerary on the crown is very interesting, but am not sure it would be worth the extra money. i need to cancel one of these by june, any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,lisa

my son (15)and i are booked in a ph suite on 8/25 crown princess sailing. i know there are no pictures of this ship yet, but if anyone has pictures of this category suite on the caribbean princess this would help as the crown is a sister ship. we have never sailed princess but have sailed rccl voyager class the past two augusts and my son loved it. i am a little concerned about teen activites on princess as i can find very little info from their website. i would also like to know if anyone has any knowledge comparing princess with rccl voyager class (cabins, food, activities, entertainment, etc.) as we are also holding a reservation for explorer of the seas (grand suite) for the same time (8/25, 9 days) for a much lower price (they had a 2nd person half price promotion). it would be nice to try a new ship (after cruising the past two summers on the voyager), and the itinerary on the crown is very interesting, but am not sure it would be worth the extra money. i need to cancel one of these by june, any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,lisa

Lisa:

We stayed in a PH suite on the Grand Princess and loved it!! If you check out the Princess website, go to the "ships" section, then take a look at the PH suites on the Grand and CB. I believe they have 360 degree photos. We found the PH class to have lots of room, great balcony, plenty of closet space and a really large bathroom.

However, when we booked our cruise on the Crown, we decided against the PH suites. On the Grand, the PH suites have rooms both above and below them. On the Crown, Princess moved the PH suites up a few decks, and now they are below public areas on the Lido deck. We opted for Vista (aft) suites for this cruise.

I have not sailed on Royal Caribbean, so I cannot comment on the amenities you get with RCI suites. Here's a link to the amenities you get with Princess suites: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na687

You may want to check out the Family Cruising forum on CruiseCritic to see what others have to say about the teen program on Princess.

I hope this helps. I'm sure that you'll have a great vacation no matter which ship you decide on!!

Since you don't know anything about the Crown including the staff that will handle the kids program and I can say on the Grand and Ocean our 8 year old daughter loved their programs. They had great play areas and took care of entertaining the little ones nicely. I saw plenty of activities for teens and they had their own areas. I would assume you could expect the same on any new ship they come with. Comparing to Voyger class is tough.

If the rock wall, the inline skate, the ice skate, Johnny Rockets and a parade twice a week is important to you then stay with RCI. If you want a slightly different cruise that offers traditional style cruising with a touch of the new ways the Princess offers a great package. Their new movies under the stars has been well received. Food offerings are different. Some say better, some say worse, I say about the same. You won't go hungry on either line. Both lines do a good job on entertainment so about even there. Room size about the same on both. As far as price the Crown is 10 days and the Explorer is 9 days so there is going to be a difference in price. Generally brand new ships in prime times are going to be more than older ships in prime time. I would just study more on the Carribean Princess ship and make it on what you find out. They both offer gorgeious ships.

check out the roll call board. there's a ton of us sailing that week. many were on the voyager in the past as well.

this will be our 1st time on princess as well, we've sailed rci, ccl, ncl, celebrity etc. our son is 12 and he's outgrown the kid's program and isn't quite in the teen program.

if there's sports to do he's happy

sheree

Archived