liberty Med back to back Excursions??

I Luv Crusin

I've booked some tours with Carnival in Barcelona. My DD and I are on separate tours that get back to the ship at 1pm and then we booked a panoramic tour at 1:30pm.

Question, will we make the 2nd tour or should I cancel it?

TIA

When we did the Excursion in Barcalona last year, the bus ride alone just from where the ship sits at the pier to the main street is about 15 minutes. I would say that you will be cutting it very close. Which two are you scheduled for first and what is second?????? We did the GAUDI full tour. At the end of the tour we left them at the very end of the main street and just walked four a couple of miles, ate a great lunch at one of the Tapas resteraunts, and then just wandered around. You then catch another shuttle bus back to the ship.If you decide to go this route make sure you leave about 1/2 hour to get back to the ship, as the line for the shuttle is a little long, but they run 4-5 buses at a time.

Am I reading correctly that Carnival Provides shuttles from the Liberty dock in Barcelona into town? Also....Does Carnival provide shuttles in any of the other ports on the European Itinerary? Naples, Dubrovnic, Venice, Sisley, Livorno, Cannes?? I've been wondering about this, any response would be helpful, thanx

Cannes- you tender into the pier, the rest is walkable for just Cannes.

Livorno- The pier is about 45 minutes awy from ANYTHING. I do not recall any shuttles. You actually are in a SHIPPING port. Where the ship docks.

Dubrovnick- Yes SHUTTLES- Take you to the walled city and back for free.

CAPRI- cannot answer this one- AS far as ISLE of Capri you a hyrafoil to get there.

Venice- Water Taxi is available very close to where the ship docks, just a couple of Euro for the cost.

Barcalona we already talked about.

Messina, the city is at your feet when you dock. Otherwise if you want to go further from there I cannot answer.

Hope that helps

thanks for responding to my question soooooooo quickly! I really appreciate it and will pass the info on! Of the excursions that you took...were any of them absolute musts? and, conversely, would you not recommend any of them?

If all are through Carnival, make sure you each take aside the person who meets your group for the first tour and explain your need to be back at the correct meeting place for the next Carnival excursion. We did this in Isla Roatan. We horseback rode in the morning and they got us a free cab to the dolphin encounter instead of the bus back to the ship to meet the dolphin group. We just met them at the resort because we wouldn't have time to get back to the ship. We were there before the rest of the excursion group arrived and the cabbie even stopped at the top of the ridge so we could take pictures. Carnival will come through for you trust me!:)

I thought the shuttle from Carnival to Barcelona was something you had to pay for- Isnt the tour called Barcelona On Your Own?

Is Dubrovnik the same? You pay for the Dubrovnik On Your Own Tour for the transportation to the wall?

In Dubrovnik, it was $5 pp ow to get to the walled City itself. After that you were on your own. Don't know about the "On Your Own"--what are the prices? Probably, they take you to the city, show you around a little, show you where there's a bathroom stop, then all meet back at the bus by whatever time...

We did not pay for the shuttle in either city. We only used the shuttle to get back to the ship in both cases, but never were we approached for proof that we had paid for the shuttle to the destination nor were we asked for money to get onto them.

We had a group of 6 in Barcalona, and it was just the two of us in Dubrovnick. Just made sure we got on the shuttle that said CArnival, in Dubrovnick, as we were not the only ship there.

Archived