Taxi at butterfly farm and location question?

Jef

How far is the butterfly farm from the main road? Their website doesn't really say. Also, will there be taxis there when we are done? My plan is to go to Marigot by bus, then to the BF by bus, and then back to P-burg by taxi since I assume it won't be easy to catch a bus there.

How far is the butterfly farm from the main road? Their website doesn't really say. Also, will there be taxis there when we are done? My plan is to go to Marigot by bus, then to the BF by bus, and then back to P-burg by taxi since I assume it won't be easy to catch a bus there.

I would estimate that it is about 3/4 mile from the main road to the Butterfly Farm. No buses go there on any regular route.

There probably won't be taxis waiting, but they should be able to call one for you, as most businesses have taxi connections, and a lot of taxis hang out at the Pedro's end of Orient Beach, which isn't that far away.

But if you're going by bus, then you'll have to walk in that same 3/4 mile from the main road that you could walk back out to flag down a bus. The buses WILL stop at that point if you flag them down. Lots of the beach vendors walk out from Orient to that point to catch the bus.

Archived