Which Cruise? I REALLY need help!

We 3 adults 3 kids ages 10,9,6 have a once in a lifetime opp to go to Alaska in August 2006. We have two choices

Carnival 7 day southbound from Anchorage to Vancover

or

Royal Caribean - Visions of the Seas 7 nights Seattle - seattle

Which would you pick and why?

What do people talk about using a bus?

Is there another cruise we should look at?

Any information you could give us would be appreciated! We have Never taken a cruise before! Thanks Alot!

I didn't see your inquiry on th Alaska board--as of yet anyway--forgive me if you have done this--I recommend posting over there for help with this one.

We are going on RCCL in June with kids 13 & 12; northbound from Vancouver to Seward. See what all the very well informed Alaska boards posters have to say. Have fun:)

I dont know personally, but I have been told that the Alaska trips are geared more towards an older persons trip. NO I am not bashing older people, its what I was told is all. Plus I hear part of the trip is on a bus and or train. I personally think the kids would like the ocean or beaches better. Swimming and snorkeling are much more suited for kids than seeing an elk....lol At least thats my opinion.

We are looking at Alaska, but I have three specific places I want to go: Skagway, Ketchikan, and Sitka. With the introduction of the port of Icy Strait, it appears that only the Carnival Spirit goes to all three on one itinerary. If you have little interest in history, and more in Alaska's beauty, you might want to look at some of the other lines, too. Something to consider if you are interested essentially in Alaska is that any ship leaving Seattle must stop in Canada. Canada is a beautiful place, but on an "Alaskan" cruise I want to spend my time in Alaska!

We 3 adults 3 kids ages 10,9,6 have a once in a lifetime opp to go to Alaska in August 2006. We have two choices

Carnival 7 day southbound from Anchorage to Vancover

or

Royal Caribean - Visions of the Seas 7 nights Seattle - seattle

Which would you pick and why?

What do people talk about using a bus?

Is there another cruise we should look at?

Any information you could give us would be appreciated! We have Never taken a cruise before! Thanks Alot!

There is no decision between RCL or Carnival RCL is far superior.

Archived