Nassau and Wine Tasting - Opinions Needed!

IL_Winer

Cruising on the Wonder May 20th for 4-night cruise.

First-time cruisers with 8 year-old boy and 6 year-old girl. Kids not afraid to try new things. Thinking about the Dolphin excursion at Nassau, but would like to know what Castaway Clubbers think about it. What about the Atlantis excursion, any feedback there? If you had to choose between the two, which would you pick?

Also, anyone have any opinions on the Stern to Stern Wine Tasting? Pretty decent wines? I'm not looking for Opus One or anything on that level, but I also don't want Yellow Tail wines. It also must be fun and not snobby (which I can't imagine it not being with Disney).

THANK YOU!

jen t

"Wine a little... you'll feel better"

Hi,

I can help with one question.

Atlantis excursion

We did this 3 years ago and it was really nice. Now a buswill take you from the port to Atlantis, it use to be a water taxi. The hotel is awesome to see. The aquarium is very large and is very good. large windows that go almost from floor to ceiling. The tour moves really fast, both inside and outside the hotel. But after it is over you can go back through atyou own pace asmany times a syou want a slong as you still have your wrist bracelet on to prove you paid the admission. We did this and it was really nice to look leisurely. The kids inour group had a really good time too.

I have read many good reports about the dolphin excursion at Nassau, but we have never done it.

The horse and carriage ride by the port was fun too. It's only 20 minutes long, $10 per person. It was a funthing to do for a change. This you do on your own, so if you have a little time left, this would be fun to do. Only draw back is the noise from all the traffic since they driv eyou down the streets of the city. But it was funa nd would do it again. Also there is a neat Pirate museum an easy walk fromt he ship. $12 per person. It is a large purple building located 2 blocks behind the straw market. This is a good museum you do on your own too. The kid smight like to see apirate museum to get in the mood for the pirate deck party that night too.

Have fun,

mom x4,grandma x4

Thank you Mom x4! This is good to know. I think my kids would LOVE the aquarium. I couldn't get a good description from Disney's online site or my Passporter book, so I wasn't sure what the Atlantis excrusion was all about. My hubby loves aquariums, so I think this will be right up his alley, too.

Thanks also for the info about the horse and carriage ride. We might give that a try just so we can see Nassau a little. My kids would also go nuts over a Pirate museum. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

jen t

Jen,

when you get back, drop me a note here and let me know what you decided to do and how well you like it!

I love to hear others experiences, good or bad.

I'm sure you'll have a magical cruise!!!

We are doing a 3 day May 4th-7th, then 2 seven day ones next fall.

I am addicted to DCL!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Will do! We can't wait. We've been doing Disney since before kids, and we are fanatics. We just did WDW in September, so we wanted to get our Disney fix this summer but try something different. I'm thinkin' I'm going to really like the DCL - my husband may never get me back to the parks again!

Thanks for you info and I'll be sure to let you know how all goes! You're awesome for providing input on this board - I see your posts all over and have gotten some good info from them!

jen t in Edwardsville, Illinois (suburb to the great city of St. Louis)

GO CARDS!

Archived