Assigning tablemates for dinner

Amber14

We will be cruising April 2007 on Constellation which I'm sure is during someone's spring break. I teach and love children so I don't mind if there are children on our cruise, however, I do not want them at my table for dinner. When we cruised RCCL I had a 10 year old right beside me even though I requested an all adult table.

How does Celebrity assign tables? It will only be my dh and I and we have late seating. Can we request all adults? Or does Celebrity try to assign people based on children, age, etc?

Hi Amber~ I absolutely do think you can request an adult only table. Celebrity wants you to be happy....and this is such an easy request to fill. Additionally, by choosing a late seating, the chances young children will be eating at that time is lessened. Have a great time.

Nan

We will be cruising April 2007 on Constellation which I'm sure is during someone's spring break. I teach and love children so I don't mind if there are children on our cruise, however, I do not want them at my table for dinner. When we cruised RCCL I had a 10 year old right beside me even though I requested an all adult table.

How does Celebrity assign tables? It will only be my dh and I and we have late seating. Can we request all adults? Or does Celebrity try to assign people based on children, age, etc?

If on your first night or later nights you do not like the table location or the table mates ask the Assistant Maitre D' to be moved. It should not be a problem but might take a couple of nights to acomplish:)

Another Virginian (Manassas) kicks in. Amber, should not be a problem. The only time in 23 cruises that we had children at our table was when we traveled with our granddaughter. But just to be sure---when you board, get your table assignment card from your cabin and go find the Maitre D' who is handling seating (ask at Guest relations where he would be) and ask him/her to check to see if there are children at your table. If there are, you can request a change then.

We have sailed many times without children and always had all adults at the table. They do try and match you up as closely as possible. Submit your request to your TA, then if you do not like your table, ask the Maitre'd to change it

Go to the Rollcall of your sailing - or start one if there is non yet - best way to get in contact with your other passengers.

From those contacts (maybe also plan excursions together, give information, ask information etc.) you will find people who you might like to share the table with.

Your TA can arrange that for you.

When you first get in the ship, you can go to the dining room and ask the Matrie'D the ages of the people at your table - they have them on the computor - and then you can ask about changing tables if needed.

Thanks for the help. I like the idea of asking the maitre'd when we get there - that way we can change our table before we eat the first time if we need to. I did not know you could do that!!!

My husband and I are just back from a Celebrity cruise. We had requested a table for two, and did not think to check before dinner the first night if we actually got our request. We had been on two previous cruises and had requested tables for 4 each time and got our choice. This time when we showed up in the dining room we were at a table for six. Initially I thought we would request to be moved for the following night, but our table mates were great, we had an enjoyable dinner each evening. So I guess request cannot always be met.

Archived