Room Service Tipping?

rollie

When we order breakfast and they take the time to set it up on the balcony I tip $5. If they just frop it off, I usually tip $2 - $3. I usually feel bad becasue it is my room steward that has to actually bring it and I know how busy they already are. For snacks at night I give $2.

Duane

When we order breakfast and they take the time to set it up on the balcony I tip $5. If they just frop it off, I usually tip $2 - $3. I usually feel bad becasue it is my room steward that has to actually bring it and I know how busy they already are. For snacks at night I give $2.

Duane

I agree.. $2 for a snack is what I do but breakfast up to $5 since when I have gotten breakfast it was my room steward too...

I used to tip 2 or 3 dollars on delivery - I'd keep some singles handy. But the last couple cruises on celebrity it's always been delivered by our room steward or assistant steward and I just take care of them at the end of the cruise.

I always take $2.00 out before I go to bed and put it on the desk.We only order coffee in the morning. Our room steward would call us telling us room service is on the way. About 15 secs. later is the knock on the door.

Darn their fast.

Hi Everyone !

My rule of thumb is $ 2.00 for 1 or 2 items, and $ 5.00 if they are delivering a full meal (or multiple items) with several plates.

I used to tip 2 or 3 dollars on delivery - I'd keep some singles handy. But the last couple cruises on celebrity it's always been delivered by our room steward or assistant steward and I just take care of them at the end of the cruise.

Geeze Larry, michael and (I forgot her name) must have liked you better:) our room service was always delivered by the same room service gal, and she was sure a sweetheart.:)

Phil

And yes, I tip room sercice 2 or 3 dollars and i f delivered by the room steward, I add it on at the end.

Archived