Great Webcam to watch QM2 in Brooklyn

cruiserking

Found this great webcam link with perfect view of Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Just hit preset 4 and enjoy views of QM2 as she arrives in Brooklyn this Saturday morning.

http://66.171.196.82:50000/CgiStart?page=Single&Direction=Preset&PresetOperation=Move&Data=4&Resolution=640x480&Quality=Clarity&RPeriod=3&Size=STD&Language=0

Cruiserking

Found this great webcam link with perfect view of Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Just hit preset 4 and enjoy views of QM2 as she arrives in Brooklyn this Saturday morning.

http://66.171.196.82:50000/CgiStart?page=Single&Direction=Preset&PresetOperation=Move&Data=4&Resolution=640x480&Quality=Clarity&RPeriod=3&Size=STD&Language=0

Cruiserking

Thanks so much for that.

Looking forward to seeing it Sat Morning.

Always go and see her go past Portsmouth every time she is in England.

Roll on June 27th.

Cruiserking

Many thanks for posting this. Would anyone care to suggest a time to be watchng on Saturday morning?

Chris

Many thanks for posting this. Would anyone care to suggest a time to be watchng on Saturday morning?

Chris

She's due into Brooklyn at 6:00 am generally, QM2 is a half hour ahead of schedule, so I'd say to check in around 5:15 ish. Then again if you're an early riser it might behoove you to take a gander even earlier as she arrived in Brooklyn at 4:30 am on April 15.

Although, the April 15 early arrival might have had something to do with the grand poobah dedication of the new Brooklyn Terminal from Mayor Bloomberg and company.

If all else fails, there's always the sail away at 5 pm, under the Verrazano and out into the Atlantic.

Cruiserking

It's 10.15am UK time and QM2 appears to be reversing into Red Hook - in the pitch black!!! Another reason why the move from Manhattan is not such a disaster as some would make out?

Ken

QM2 appears to be reversing into Red Hook - in the pitch black!!! Another reason why the move from Manhattan is not such a disaster as some would make out? Ken

Ken,

I've arrived on the QE2 in the middle of winter, with the sun rising behind Manhattan - the journey up the North River takes at least another hour than into Red Hook - so yes, another part of the 'tradition' upon which Cunard so heavily markets itself - is gone.

Peter

Ken,

I've arrived on the QE2 in the middle of winter, with the sun rising behind Manhattan - the journey up the North River takes at least another hour than into Red Hook - so yes, another part of the 'tradition' upon which Cunard so heavily markets itself - is gone.

Peter

Hey Peter

Wow ... and there's me thinking that the sun rose in the east. I guess it's all got something to do with the QE2's 'patina' - best patina since Noah's Ark eh???

Ken

I just checked it out -- boy, the pier in Brooklyn is really the boondocks!!! I guess CUNARD moved there because it's cheap. After all, when they were evicted from the West Side due to the renovations, I assume they had a choice -- could have gone to New Jersey or even docked in Boston for some sailings this summer.

I cannot say I am looking forward to dis-embarking at Red Hook. Would not have minded if I had known when I booked that they would be there -- I could have taken into account in my decision whether to choose CUNARD -- but we were notified ONLY AFTER having booked and paid for our travel that we would not be dis-embarking in Manhattan. Not exactly the best business practice!!!

Hey Peter Wow ... and there's me thinking that the sun rose in the east. I guess it's all got something to do with the QE2's 'patina' - best patina since Noah's Ark eh??? Ken

Hello Ken,

Yes it does! I guess thats why the river it rises over is called the 'East River'........and you get (or rather, got) a great view down the Manhattan Streets from West...to East....as you sailed up the North River...

Peter

Hello Ken,

Yes it does! I guess thats why the river it rises over is called the 'East River'........and you get (or rather, got) a great view down the Manhattan Streets from West...to East....as you sailed up the North River...

Peter

Ah ... got you now. You just wrote that you had ... 'arrived on the QE2 in the middle of winter, with the sun rising behind Manhattan' ... and that the journey up the North River takes another hour. Didn't realise you meant you had arrived in the North River with the sun rising etc etc. I still don't think that it compensates for arriving under the V N bridge and sailing past Liberty in the dark.

Oh to have sailed into New York on the first QM in daylight with a 2 day turn around before sailing home .... those were the days, but we don't want to start all that again ...... !!!!

Ken

Archived