Goodie Bags

we are considering for my daughters goodie bags are underwater camara, hand sanitizer, highlighters for Capers(with their name on them) and chocolates with the wedding date on the wrappers. We are going to do newsletters about every six weeks with helpful tips and info on each island with a map of each featured island(I have been to all of the ports except Antigua). This is just a start, would love to hear more ideas. Engaged on the Sea, when do you plan on giving your goodie bags? I was thinking the first day when we get settled going to each cabin and asking the cabin steward to put them in the room when they turn down the beds(with tip of course). Laura

I leave for my wedding next week. I Got some great little things for my goody bags.

Flip flop shaped notepads- Oriental trading Company

Fun pens

Personalized Koozies

Personalized chapstick( Names and wedding dates on them)

Trial size sun block- Avon

Purell

Shout wipes

Disposable cameras

Water proof cases that hang around the neck

Fun colored sunglasses for a crazy group wedding picture.

Wedding day info card and a personal note from us

We have sent a total of 3 newsletters. one every 6 weeks.

We accumulated points on RCCL with our group booking and that allowed us to choose some gifts to pu in everyones cabins also.

I also found fun Foam shapes at michaels that I have made door signs with. They are tee shirt and flip flop shape and I got the stick on foam letters and beach scene shapes and created so many fun signs. It was so easy.

I am packing all of my loot in my carry on suitcase so I don't lose any of it. we will assemble the bags when we get on board. We are going to have everyone check in with us as they get on the ship so we know they have arrived, and we will give them their bags then.

You can see some of the crafts people have done on one of the threads on this section. It's titled " post your wedding crafts here" Click thru a couple of pages and you'll see it. I have some photos of my stuff too.

Have fun with everything.. I have had a blast and am sad it is coming to an end, I just don't know what I will do with my time when it is all over...LOL:cool:

Wow you guys have some greats ideas! Cruisin gal....I think we will hand them out the first day we get there not sure how exactly yet! How many people do you have sailing with you?? Rara I love the coozie idea....where did you get them personalized?? and the chapstick too? I read the idea about T shirts but I can't seem to find where or what to look for....

cruisin gal we saw the belongings holder for around your neck at target in the dollar section....but i dont think they were the waterproof ones...where are you guys from?? with us total we have 19 traveling ....now picking the fun stuff to try to add....i want to do something personalized, but want it to be affordable :)

My daughter, her fiancee, my mother and I are from the daytona beach area, my brothers from south Florida, sister Atlanta area and another brother from Virginia. Tara, I am looking for the water proof neck things, they have the cruise critic ones for $6 a peice, I'll probly get those. I will start keeping track on your ticker EotS. Laura

For my goodie bags I got:

Monogrammed LL Bean bags (Couples bags were $29 and Single person bags were $25)

Beach Towels -Wal-Mart $6

Bath Loofas -Target 2/$1.00

Hibiscus Shape soap -Target $1.00

Hibiscus bath Pillow -Target $1.00

After sun aloe -Target $1.00

Sunscreen chapstick -Target $1.00

Banana Boat sunscreen -Big Lots $3.00

Sm. Bag w/seashells w/thank you attached (big bag of shells and bags about $7.00) at Micheals

Compulation CD of our favorite songs.

I got the waterproof containers from Invitations by Dawn (www.invitationsbydawn.com) They were called waterproof favor containers. I got 24 of them for $14. Also I was able to get a personalized seal to go on them- 50 for $7.50 . The notepads actually came from there also. They have a specific beach wedding catalog. It is all great stuff and very reasonably priced.

The chapstick lables I got from a sign shop (signs by tomorrow) a friend works there. They designed them and I just said what they were for and they fit perfecty. They cost about .50 each.

The actual bags everything goes in is just a basic colored gift bag from Michaels, that I decorated with our "ticket to paradise" and home made "boarding passes"

I made the koozies- got them for 1.00 each at michaels and decorated them with peel and stick foam letters and tropical shapes. They have a great selection, and they were VERY quick and easy to make.

Archived