debarkation/return flight from the Star

bgonyeau

I have temporarily held an 11:06am flight for return from our cruise in Feb 07 from the Mexican Riveria cruise. For those of you who have recently returned from that cruise, how are my chances of making that flight from LA? Was the debarkation/customs speedy? How long did the trek back to the airport take? I am splitting up my family so, if necessary I can send the bulk of my luggage on a later flight. Thanks

I just got off that cruise yesterday. I would say that you'll be pushing it, but, it's not impossible. Disembarkation didn't start until about 8:00 am. That was the express departure folks who carried their luggage off. The problem with that? Well, it seemed like half the ship was trying to disembark "expressly", which made the whole process a bit crowded. If, however, your not waiting for luggage and you can wiggle your way close to the front, it might work. Take a cab to the airport and don't plan on checking any bags.

Good luck!!!!!

I have temporarily held an 11:06am flight for return from our cruise in Feb 07 from the Mexican Riveria cruise. For those of you who have recently returned from that cruise, how are my chances of making that flight from LA? Was the debarkation/customs speedy? How long did the trek back to the airport take? I am splitting up my family so, if necessary I can send the bulk of my luggage on a later flight. Thanks

Which airport? LAX, probably not...could be possible through LGB. Also, what day does the cruise return, traffic could be a problem as well. Then there are those times when the crew all have to go through imigration....more delays.

i was in the first group of the express people who got off on the last star cruise. we encountered a bit of rush hour traffic, which you should expect on any weekday. also there was a long line for airport security, also to be expected. But we could have made that flight that you booked. i probably wouldnt have been gutsy enough to book it though (our flight was after 1). Some people in the line near us at airport security had flights around 930 and 10, and there was staff there to help them jump the line a bit. Our flight wasnt till much later, so by 10:30 we were past security and in chili's having breakfast. so if nothing goes wrong, you might be able to make it, but you will have to do express and you will also have to figure out how to be in the front of the express groups. there are a lot of them and if you end up in the back of the pack, you probably wont make it. also with traffic, if there is an accident or something, you'll be in trouble.

oh i should say too that we took a taxi so we didnt have to wait for airport transfer or a shuttle to fill up. we also had no trouble with any delays to get off but i've heard others say that sometimes for whatever reason customs delays the ship's clearance. we were in our taxi shortly after 8, which i thought was amazing.

I would say you are pushing it if you are flying out of lax. Everything would have to go perfectly right for you to get there in the nick of time. I don't know about you, but things in my life rarely go perfectly right:D

If there are other options, change the flight. Why ruin a relaxing cruise with a mad dash at the end if you don't have to?

Archived