computers & toilets on the SPIRIT

manhattan mom

hi -

sailing on the spirit this sunday and wanted to know the following two things:

1) do the computers have USB ports (i don't want to save things on the computers, but i do need the computer to act as a conduit between my digital camera and my USB storage to hold my pictures; and

2) are the toilets "normal" size. my 3 yr old son uses the toilet but only wants to use an adult toilet with his potty seat. however, said seat will only fit on a regular size toilet seat.

any answers to the above questions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

manhattan mom

I'm 99% certain that you will not have access to the computer's USB ports. In general, the computers onboard a ship permit access only to the monitor, keyboard, mouse and a printer. They don't want passengers to access the drives or ports, probably to limit the possibility of viruses spreading and/or the chance of somebody tampering with the software.

However, the Photo Gallery will be more than happy to download all of your digital pictures unto a DVD or CD, for a fee. I forgot how much, it wasn't that high, but if you need more storage, either use this service or purchase more flash memory cards.

The toilet seat is not a typical round toilet seat. It is more like one you would find in a trailer. I do not think a child's toilet seat would fit on it. He may not need it as the toilet is smaller and shorter then a regular toilet. I know when my children were toilet training and we went out in Grandma and Grandpa's trailer they never needed there toilet seats because the toilet was smaller to begin with.

Allison

We got off the Star in March with our toilet seat in tow. It fit fine. Thank goodness because for those thinking moments, I was not sure what we would do if it did not. There was a nice area to hang it on the wall in the bathroom too. I am not sure what that was for though! LOL :D

Ha ha ha.. why, it's to hang potty seats, of course! ha ha ha! I have seen things in the toilet area that I haven't a clue what they're for either! Felt like Sylvester Stalone with the sea shells! Hey... whatever works!

(cute thread)

However, the Photo Gallery will be more than happy to download all of your digital pictures unto a DVD or CD, for a fee.

Don,

Hope this is not a dumb question, but will I need to bring my own USB cable that fits my camera to be able to take advantage of the Photo Gallery download service?

I have a 1GB memory card that will get me more than 500 shots, so I wasn't planning on needing any download service, I was just going to bring my photos home with me and transfer them to my computer then; but I may want to have the Photo Gallery download them onto a CD for me at the end of my cruise..

Thanks..

Archived