Do kids do fancy dress nights/formal nights etc?

robinsoncruisers

Can anyone tell me do kids have formal dress and theme nights on the pacific sun which they dress up for. Also do they dress up for dinner or just wear day clothes? Also the pagers are they only for the babies or any children and do you pay a deposit for these if so how much? Thanks Cruisers :)

Someone with kids will probably answer, I noticed there were children dressed in fancy dress.Didn't notice any in Dining room near me,so couldn't say about formal nights. I would say probably no.I think if their going to kids dinner,just dressed neatly will do. I hadn't planned on Grandson having formal wear. they like to dress up for island night

Can anyone tell me do kids have formal dress and theme nights on the pacific sun which they dress up for. Also do they dress up for dinner or just wear day clothes? Also the pagers are they only for the babies or any children and do you pay a deposit for these if so how much? Thanks Cruisers :)

Our kids dressed for Island night & our daughter dressed for PJ night (the boys just wouldn't do it) & she also dressed for country & western night.They dressed for 2nd formal night as this was encouraged but 1st one wasn't. It really depends on what they feel comfortable with.Hope this helps.

Karen

Thanks Brenda, My sister is asking me to post questions now as I told her about this site. Her kids thought they would dress up just like the adults but I wasn't sure on this. It makes it really hard to pack when you haven't been before and don't really know what the "go" is for these special nights etc :confused: Oh well i guess it will be much easier next time after we have been and know what we need and don't need. :)

Our kids dressed for Island night & our daughter dressed for PJ night (the boys just wouldn't do it) & she also dressed for country & western night.They dressed for 2nd formal night as this was encouraged but 1st one wasn't. It really depends on what they feel comfortable with.Hope this helps.

Karen

Thanks Karen, So the nights you dress up (formal, western etc) are you dressed like this at dinner time or is this after dinner?

We went to dinner dressed like that, however, people that dressed for pj night didn't do so until after dinner. For island night I guess it would depend on what you're wearing. I wore a sarong (long one) and shirt but of you were wearing a little one & bikini top then you would wait until after dinner.

Karen

Our daughter dressed up for everything. The second formal night is also the same day as the "Captains Coketail Party" for the kids. On the Star they had certificates for best dressed kids. The pagers are compulsory for the small kids and I think are a $50 refundable deposit. I think you can opt to get them for the older kids if you wish. You can also let the kids staff know where you are going to be and they will try to contact you if you there is a problem.

i was suprised on our cruise on how many of the teens dressed fancy dress. Pj and island night especially.

we had a kids formal night Like ADF said. I didnt go but it was on our dvd and it seemed most kids were dressed like going to a birthday party ie no ties suits or formal type of dresses just nice clothes.

we didnt go fancy until after dinner.

All of the dressup nights had a party on deck, on our last cruise there was only a deck party on island night so this may be the way to go.

I think it may also depend on the demographics of each cruise, this was a school holidays cruise .

also a lot of young girls were getting around in VERY skimpy PJS.....

more boys dressed up for island night but usually as women-sarongs and bra tops.

Think about taking stuff with you it will certainly add to the enjoyment of your cruise.

BTW the 4 adults in our group are all late 40s so age is no problem. It seemed the older you were the more you could have if you dressed up!!

Archived