What does your screen name mean?

spendalot

It's how one pronounces "Oregon". ORE-ree-gun. Not Ah-ruh-gun, Ah-ruh-gone, and definitely not Ora-gone.:D

I had to laugh, Ore-ee-gun, when I read this....I spent several years living in different parts of Oregon, and now live in the Midwest. When people out here call it Ora-gone and I try to correct them - in jest of course - (ore-ee-gun, as your name), I usually get..."no, no, its Ora-gone...!" I guess its like trying to beat a dead horse.....but it always makes me laugh!

Maybe its just that Midwestern accent people seem to think we have out here!;)

My daughter told me -Mom don't use your real name-and I found picking a name rather hard. The dog was beside me and I thought nautical and he was born on the 28th.

Bramcruiser--I thought you picked that name because you liked Dracula.

Pat.

A friend started calling my cat, Rusty, by the affectionate 'RustaRoo'. Rusty pretty much runs my life anyway, so why not use reference to him? :p Easy to remember and I'm lickable, er, likable too:D LOL

It's actually you-gee-miner. I work at an underground gold mine. And I agree, how do people manage to slaughter something as easy as oregon.Only thing worse is some of the ways they try to say our last name.:confused:

I don't know, growing up I could never understand why people has such problems with Sapulpa, Bartlesville, or Tahlequah. Okay, maybe I could undestand Tahlequah. ;) I could also not understand how people could pronounce Sequim (s'kwim) or Puyallup (pyūăl'əp); much less Worcestershire (ˈwʊs.təˌʃə) or Gloucester (glŏs'tər, glô'stər) from the spellings. I suppose much of it is perspective and what you grow up with.

Booboo29 goes back to before I was born. Ma and Pa weren't quite ready to have children so I was referred to as "Boo Boo" for quite some time.:rolleyes: I think the 29 comes from that fact I was 29 when I started using that as a internet login.

When we were courting, my husband looked deeply into my eyes and tried to call me 'Green Eyes' in Spanish, which is 'ojos verdes'. Alas, what he said was 'ojos viernes', which is 'Friday Eyes'. I giggled, the moment was ruined and the name stuck. It's been my SN for about 14 years.

This has been an interesting thread. Intersting people. Mine comes from a nickname from high school. A guy I dated, taller than I was gave me the nick name. (I'm short but not that short) The number is when I graduated.:o

Well, if you haven't guessed it...LilLulu comes from LittleLulu...the cartoon character...given too me by my parents when I was little.

The cartoon character was always in and out of trouble but mostly always in....welp....that would be me :p

Fun thread!

Mine comes from those things you buy in gift shops; it's a family joke. Many years ago, my dad coined the phrase, "cute little shopping" to describe what the ladies were going to do while on vacation.

You know, shoppers sigh over something saying, "oh, isn't that cute!" or "look at that little thing".

This is one of the few places I use it anymore. I don't buy much cute little stuff now, the house is too full! :D .

Interesting question! Mine refers to the fact that I am a Boston College Eagle living in the South ("dixie".)

Marie

Go Eagles!!!!

Football season is only 5 months away!

Now that Boston College is in the ACC, being a "Dixie Eagle" you will have more chances to see the sports team in your neighborhood.

Archived