Which Port Is Best

angelrmt

HELLO FOLKS. I HAVE A QUESTION AND APPREICATE OUR OPINIONS....I AM GOING TO THE WESTERN CARRIBEAN ON THE CONQUEST IN JULY WITH FRIENDS AND MY 87 YEAR OLD MOM. MY FRIEND WANTS TO DO THE BEACH THING AS SHE LIKES THE BEACH. I AM NOT A BEACHY TYPE PERSON AND CANNOT STAND TO BE ON THE HOT SUN FOR TWO LONG BOTH BECAUSE I GET VERY FATIGUES AND ALSO BECAUSE OF MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION. MY QUESTION IS: IS THERE A BEACH THAT I CAN GO THAT HAS SOMEPLACE FOR ME TO BE WHILE MY FRIEND IS ON THE BEACH DOING HER BEACHY THING? ME AND MOM DO NOT WANT TO GET IN THE SUN AND HOPING WHICH BEACH HAS A GOOD SHADED AREA WHERE WE CAN WAIT FOR MY FRIEND. iT COULD BE IN jAMAICA, CAYMAN ISLAND OR COZUMEL BEACH. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. ANGEL

Dear Angel,

Royal Palms, Mariott and Seagrape all have shaded, covered or tented areas. Although the Mariott would offer you the opportunity to go inside for AC as well. Royal Palms has a restaurant oin site with AC as well.

You might enjoy the Grand Cayman Jeep Adventure Tour that takes you to Reef Resort on the East end of Grand Cayman. Reef Resort is never crowded, has a beautiful beach, indoor restaurant w/ balcony, convenience store and gift shop & hotel lobby. It might be just the ticket.

Which ever you choose, I think you will like it.

In Cozumel, try going North to the Hotel Zone. Great Beaches, great snorkeling, great service and views. Just the ticket.

thank You Mayaglenn For Your Input. I Am Considering A Beach In Jamaica Since I Do Not Want To Go To The Town For This Excursion Becuase I Heard Bad Stuff About The Vendors And Offerring Weed. I Am Wanting To Go To Sunset Beach. Have You Ever Been There In Jamaica? In Cayman Island I Am Planning On Doing The Roger Trolley And Shopping And Maybe Eating At A Nice Family Oriented Restaurant Since I Am Going With Seniors And My Daugther And Her Friends. Can You Recomment A Good Restaurant In Grand Cayman. In Cozumel I Am Going Shopping As I Am Hispanic And Can Deal With The Vendors To Bargain And I Would Like To Have Lunch There Too. Can You Recommend A Restaurnt There Too? I Do Not Want To Get Away Too Far Away From Where We Have To Tender Back To The Ship. Thanks. Angel

Angel,

No, I've not been to Sunset Beach in Jaimaica, so I can't advise you on that.

As for restaurants in GC, see my post earlier for a few recommendations.

You guys might enjoy Paradise. It's right on the water and very close to the piers.

In Cozumel, lots of people love La Choza, in the downtown area.

IMHO, the BEST restaurant in Cozumel is Mexico en los Siglos (Mexico thru the Centuries). These guys are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great salsas, awesome food, fresh made tortillas and about 10 different flavors of hand-made margaritas...try the mango or the mandarin - wow. They were right across from the Naval Station - last time I was there.

Hope this helps.

Archived