South Beach Dieters Group Meet Here!

WeirdEyes

Shae, I know this is probably too late, but have a wonderful cruise. BON VOYAGE!!!

Luckyroot, congrats on your 7 lb loss. :D I guess we are twins. ;)

Deb, I'm also glad to hear that you weathered the storm well in CA. I feel so bad for those people who are affected by the mudslides. It is so sad.

[quote name='irislady']Willow, thanks for the reminder to take it one day at a time. Great advice.

Does anyone else get the pre-cruise jitters? Maybe I should say "re-vacation jitters" since I get them before we leave on any kind of trip. They used to hit weeks in advance. This time they started last week, but are getting worse each day. I love cruising once we get onboard, but I practically make myself sick the days before.
Shae[/QUOTE]

Shae- Does beginning to pack 2 months in advance count? :D I am so anal about not forgetting something that I start making tentative lists 3-4 months in advance. And that goes for all vacations.

Deb- I'm about an hour from Lafayette! Some of my friends from college were married in the Purdue non-denominational church and we used to go to Lafayette once a week to practice when we had our "band."

Tami

Hi everyone. I am new here, and have enjoyed reading your posts.
A little about myself;
I started the SBD Monday before last and have found it easier than I thought.
I really don't need to lose much, 15 or so pounds, and want to tone up.
We'll be leaving on our cruise this September, and I WILL look good in my bikini's. :)

The first week on SBD, I could tell I was losing. This week......nothing. I wondered why?
I kept treating myself to the sugar-free chocolate candy, and I realized I can only have hard candy. OOPS! So, I'm going to stay on Phase 1 one more week. Plus, I'm going to buy the SBD cookbook.
I've been trying to tell my sister how easy this is, but she won't do it with me. She needs to lose more than I do, but I gues she'll come around.

Shiela,

If I wore a bikini on my cruise they would think that one of the whales had flopped up on the deck. I would be thrown back in for sure. LOL

Bikinis are for young people, not me. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Deb

I wanted to share a tip that I learned a year or so ago. On Sunday I'll get a BIG bowl with an air tight lid and make a huge salad in it. I put all of my veggies, seasoning, etc in it. I'll take some paper towels, fold them, and put them over the entire salad. I'll then put the lid on, turn the bowl upside down, and place in fridge. I can eat on that salad for a week and a half, and it never gets soggy. The paper towel absorbs the moisture, so it stays edible for a while.

It so much easier for me, instead of having to chop veggies up every night for my lunch next day.

Hi,
I'm new to the board and this forum. I had good success last spring on the Beach diet. I lost a total of 14 lbs, but only 6 in the first two weeks. As soon as I got on the treadmill and started doing my leg exercises with weights (thighs/saddlebags are my problem area) I started losing more rapidly. I kinda fell apart last summer and quit exercising all together. I've gained back probably half of what I originally lost so I'm going back to Phase 1. Have only lost 2 pounds and I'd like to lose 10 before my cruise in March. I'm finding it harder the second time around because I can't seem to keep away from the sweets! I want to look good in my bikini again, maybe you guys can help motivate me?

Hi Cindyrella,

Have you tried substituting some sugar free stuff for the sweets. I always have to do that alot right at first if I've been off SB for a while. Some people like sugar free jello but I can't stand the stuff. I had a long hospitalization as a teen and lived on Jello. Now I can't deal with it, especially lemon or orange. :D I have found a couple of sugar free chocolate products that really taste good enough to pull me through those initial cravings. Russell stover products are pretty good but my favorite is Ross brand which I find at CVS. They have white chocolate which is my fav.

Tami

Thanks for the suggstions. I like the sugar free jello and fudgsicles but that hasn't done th trick. I forgot to mention in my original post that my cholestrol is now 240 an my doctor wanted to put me on medicine but I convinced her to let me try the South Beah diet again and see if I can bring it down. She gave me until the end of Feb. so I better get busy!

Hi Cindyrella! This is also my second time around on South Beach. I lost about 30 lbs previously on the Beach and now I need to lose another 25....well 23.5 now. :D I'm with Tami...I can't stand to eat Jell-o because I have been hospitalized several times for my intestines and I had to live on Jell-o. Have you tried eating the Ricotta Creme desserts? I add more Splenda than they suggest AND peanut butter. I love it! It is full of protein, calcium, and no sugar. Good luck getting into that bikini. I'm sure you can do it!

Thanks, Sheila. I'm going to try your cookies tonight. I seem to ve having trouble not cheating this time--guess I better get serious quick! Have about snack stuff? I love the laughing cow cheese and I eat almonds but any suggestions for any other snack food allowed in the first phase?

Well, I'm wierd, but I crave hummus. I make a big recipe of it about once a week, usually varying the add-ins like roasted red peppers or chili and lime. I can post the recipe later if you need one. It's so easy. I eat it with veggies and if I'm in a really desperate chip mood I get Terra Chips. Most larger groceries have them somewhere now or at your organic foods store. They are made from other root vegetables like sweet potato, yucca, parsnips... They're also made with canola oil and have not trans fat, 4 gms of fiber and only 3 gms of sugar. That's for the meditteranean flavor which is my favorite. The plain have less sugar. Check out [url]www.terrachips.com[/url]

Tami

I have a funny story regarding hummus. Many, if not most of the homeschool group where I do most of my socializing are on various sorts of eating plans. Lots of the kids have one food allergy or another and the adults too. Most of us try to eat only natural, less processed foods as often as possible. When I make hummus to take to a game night I make a double batch and never have a drop left over. Well, I forgot that not everyone eats corn, egg and peanut free like we do at our house. When we went for Christmas at my SIL's I took a veggie tray and a big bowl of hummus like I'd take to my friends'. My in-laws were totally freaked out by it. I seriously think that oldest DD and I were the only ones who even did more than poke at it. :D All the chemical filled food was gone but the hummus was still full. :p It was a serious wakeup call for how far our eating habits have come in the year since my youngest DD was diagnosed with food allergies and I started eating low carb.

Tami

Amy, the texture is not pleasant, but you can put it in a blender to get it less grainy. It took me a while to get used to the texture. Make sure you add some Vanilla flavoring to what you're already using. It will make the texture a little better.

Tami, please give me your recipe for hummus. I've never had it before. :o Thanks!

Archived