Deposit for 9 night cruise

lg662

I have a question regarding the amount of deposit required by RCCL for a 9 night cruise. I am looking at a cruise for summer of 2007. I was told that a deposit of $450 per person is required. We will have 4 in our cabin and $1,800 sounds like a lot for a deposit on a cruise that is 16 months out! Is there a way to pay a little less ? What's your experience??

I have a question regarding the amount of deposit required by RCCL for a 9 night cruise. I am looking at a cruise for summer of 2007. I was told that a deposit of $450 per person is required. We will have 4 in our cabin and $1,800 sounds like a lot for a deposit on a cruise that is 16 months out! Is there a way to pay a little less ? What's your experience??

For all my 1 week cruises the deposit has always been $250 per person.

For the 2 week Serenade cruise we took the deopsit was $500 per person.

$450 for a 9 nighter doesnt seem unreasonable to me.

Look at it this way - it's fully refundable (up to a point) and you make quite a dent in your overall total cruise price! (not to mention the 3rd & 4th person deposit of $450 probably pays for those people outright...)

The amount is set. You pay now or lose your cabin. If you really want to pay less right now then book with only 2 people and add 3 and 4 later BUT MAKE SURE YOU RESERVE A ROOM THAT CAN SLEEP 4! Otherwise you may lose out on all 4 person sleeper's and then you would really be in a bind!

The amount is set. You pay now or lose your cabin. If you really want to pay less right now then book with only 2 people and add 3 and 4 later BUT MAKE SURE YOU RESERVE A ROOM THAT CAN SLEEP 4! Otherwise you may lose out on all 4 person sleeper's and then you would really be in a bind!

You could still lose out, if they reach "capacity", it isn't likely, but could happen that they reach the Coast Guard maximum capacity and it wouldn't matter if you were in the largest suite, you wouldn't be able to add the third and fourth. Like I said, it isn't likely, but Murphy isn't predictable either.

When we booked the Grandeur for june it was $450 pp. For the Carnival 7 day I am going on it was $500 for both and we are in Cat 11 suite. I guess it is up to them on what they want to hold the space. Think of it this way, less you have to pay later.

You could still lose out, if they reach "capacity", it isn't likely, but could happen that they reach the Coast Guard maximum capacity and it wouldn't matter if you were in the largest suite, you wouldn't be able to add the third and fourth. Like I said, it isn't likely, but Murphy isn't predictable either.

true, true, very true!

we booked the radiance for 8 nights this Dec. we got the third person rate of $149.00, and we still had to put a $250.00 deposit for all three people. that's 99 dollars more than the cruise rate. go figure.

Archived