please help

suexxx

hi cruise family. I really want one of those cruise count down tickers.. I am not computer savvy. I did look at a site for it but cant understand what to do. Could one of you do it for me if I give you our dates? If you are not permitted to do can you give me EASY step by step instructions in plain english. suexxx

Hi Suexxx,

Try this link. When I wanted one (or two) I did a search in the forum and found this link.

How to get the countdown clock.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174730

Also, go the tickerfactory.com website, (click on the link near my cruise countdown) and go on from there.

Good luck.

OK Suexxx,

Click on UserCP which is found up the top of the page as part of the Cruise Critic banner. It is on the left next to the FAQ.

This takes you into your account.

Click on 'Edit signature - no advertising allowed' and then copy and paste the following paragraph into the signature box:

Pacific Sun N706 - Native Beats<BR>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2007;2;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+1100

Click on preview signature, to check if it worked. Then save it.

Then add this one:

event.png

Preview it and, if you want it, save it too.

Good luck.

Jenny :)

hi brushtail.Iwould be so so so greatful if you could do for me. Pacific Sun NATIVE BEATS N706 19-2-07. 9mths 19days 6hrs. Is this what you need? If not let me know.

Good Luck !

Here are the directions how to do one & where to get it:

http://www.*****/cd/vc/

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

Input all the required information into the form.

Click the "Generate UBB Clock code" button to generate the code for your clock, which will appear in the last box on that page.

Copy the code onto your computer's clipboard.

Come back to CC.

Go to your User CP (the link is near the top left hand corner of the page).

Go to Edit Signature (the link is in the list on the left hand side of the page).

Paste the UBB code into the text entry box.

Click the Preview Signature button.

Does it look right? If so, click the Save Signature button.

So how do you copy the code onto the clipboard?

Select the whole of the code by highlighting it with your mouse.

You can also do this by clicking quickly on that code three times.)

Go to Edit (in the menu bar at the top of the window) and then click on Copy.

Alternatively, right-click on the highlighted area, and then, when the popup menu comes up, left-click on Copy.

Or, just press CTRL+C on your keyboard.

OK, now how do you paste the code into the CC page for creating your signature?

Left-click once inside the text entry box, at the point where you want the clock to appear, so as to get the cursor active there.

Then go to Edit (in the menu bar at the top of the window) and then click on Paste.

Alternatively, right-click inside the text entry box at the point where the cursor is, and then, when the popup menu comes up, left-click on Paste.

Or, just press CTRL+V on your keyboard.

So is it all working? Go to one of your posts in CC. Can you see your signature at the end of each of the post? If you can't see any signatures at all, either yours or anyone else's, then try the following. Also do this if you can see signatures, but all the clock codes show as clickable links instead of as clock images.

Go to your User CP.

Then go to Edit Options (from the list on the left)

Scroll down to Thread Display Options and check (at least) the boxes for Show Signatures and Show Images.

Go to the bottom of that page and click on Save Changes.

Suexxx,

When I posted the reply, it changed the URL into the actual counter. But it will still work.

Copy the counter and paste it into your signature, save it and all will be well.

Give it a go.

Also, if you want an avatar........the picture next to your name (mine is a seagull), then you go to UserCP, click on 'edit avatar' and choose one that Cruise Critic offers.

You can also upload one of your own, as I did, but it is easier to choose one of the great ones already offered.

Click on save changes and your avatar will be on all posts, new and old.

jenny, went into edit signature but dont know how to do or where to do next step. Sorry I did warn you I am not compuer savvy. Can you help me so more. Many many thanks suexxx. standing by.

Sue,

I'm not sure how much you know so I will use the absolute basics for you. :)

Click at the start of this line

Pacific Sun N706 - Native Beats<BR>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2007;2;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+1100

with your left mouse button and drag to the end of the line and let go. This will highlight the line in dark blue/black.

When it is highlighted, go up to 'edit' on your browser (very top of your screen) and 'copy'.

The next bit is easier if you have two cruise critic windows open, one with this info on it, the other with your signature details. Then you can just click from one to the other.

Then go to UserCP and 'edit signature'..........scroll down the page a bit and you will see a box similar to the ones where you reply to messages on this message board. This is where you paste your counter details. Click inside the box once with your left mouse button.....and then click on paste - either going back up to 'edit' and choosing 'paste' or using your right mouse button. Whichever you are familiar with.

Once the information is pasted, you then need to click on 'preview signature' which is a button just underneath.

You should have your counter showing.

Do the same with this line, making sure you get it all - from Ticker factory to beats:

event.png

copy it and paste it underneath the other one in your signature box.

Click on preview again to make sure it works, then if you are happy with them, click on save signature.

Good luck.

Jen

Well done Sue.

Nice avatar too. :)

If you want the two counters to be underneath each other instead of side by side, you can go back into your signature and separate them by pressing enter at the end of the first one, this will drop the second one down onto another line. Don't forget to save any changes.

I hope you are happy with the colours and style I chose, they are the same as mine. :D

I feel proud. :)

Best regards,

Jenny

Archived