Carnival vs RCCL disembarking?

gumballz

For those of you that have cruised on both Carnival and RCCL, is the disembarkation process similar? Will we have the opportunity to take our own luggage off early? If we choose not to do that is the luggage claim area for Carnival similar to RCCL's? (we waited for nearly an hour for our luggage to appear on that neverending moving belt....would like to avoid that next time)

For those of you that have cruised on both Carnival and RCCL, is the disembarkation process similar? Will we have the opportunity to take our own luggage off early? If we choose not to do that is the luggage claim area for Carnival similar to RCCL's? (we waited for nearly an hour for our luggage to appear on that neverending moving belt....would like to avoid that next time)

I think it probably depends on the port. I don't recall self assist on RCL, but I also wasn't looking for it. On Carnival, yes, you can do self assist.. you have an hour window, after the ship clears customs.

I've never had to wait to get my luggage... on any ship.

The luggage claim area depends on the port, not the cruise line.

The last time I cruised on Carnival out of Miami they had the luggage in different areas by color. Looks like you are about 9-10 months out before you cruise on the Triumph. Carnival should be moving to their new terminals in Miami this summer and they will have the belt just like RCI has. You can also do the self assist on Carnival if you like which is what I like to do on both lines.

I'm asking about Miami specifically. I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original post.

I wasn't aware of Carnival moving to new terminals. Will they still be close to where they are now? We're doing a 'different cruise line B2B' and will need to get from the Celebrity terminal to the Carnival terminal. Now I'm curious as to how far apart they will be.

Thank you for your help

I'm asking about Miami specifically. I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original post.

I wasn't aware of Carnival moving to new terminals. Will they still be close to where they are now? We're doing a 'different cruise line B2B' and will need to get from the Celebrity terminal to the Carnival terminal. Now I'm curious as to how far apart they will be.

Thank you for your help

The new terminals will be next to RCI's terminals. It is where NCL now docks and loads passengers. From everything I have read they are going to be state of the art terminals and looked very nice when I sailed past them in December. If you click on the link below, then click on Miami and then finally click on the Wachovia cam, you can move it around and see the new terminals. :) Celebrity I believe is docking behind the RCI corporate building on the other side of the pier. Just a short drive around to the other side.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/USindex.html

Archived