Question for Grill Passengers Re: Embarkation in Red Hook

sfvoyager

We were not grill, but were platinum and basicaly got the same service. First, on April 15th I think they may have overstaffed as there were plenty of staff around.

for baggage, I think it is about the same for everybody. They were right there and grabbed our bags instantly. Away to the check in desks. Separate line for Grill/Plat that was very short, almost non-existant. Not exactly long for non grill but maybe 20-25 minutes.

From taxi to onboard was less than 15 minutes, even with the silly picture taking. Nice pic, but not at $30 each.

Thank you GaryCarla,

What time did you arrive? I am super anxious to get onboard as early as possible, and worry if I arrive too early, there will be no one to assist with luggage.

I actually am going on the Golden Princess (Platinum) and am trying to approximate the kind of service I can expect at embarkation. If we arrive too early is there a sort of lounge area for Platinum passengers?

I think we got there around 12:30 and things went smooth. We like to board early, eat, get a drink and tour the ship to try and get our bearings. By then the bags are in the room awaiting the unpacking fun.

Archived