tea/coffee on board

itsmeyetagain

I am thinking of booking a cruise on QM2. Can someone tell me...are there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins or do you have to rely on room service??

Also..how costly are the wines and the excursions?? How do costs/facilities compare with P and O??

Queen Mary 2 17 may 2006 HELP!!!!!!!!

look on this thread

I also want information as we are going on our 1st ever cruise and posted this thread and got some real good information

greetings Johanne

I am thinking of booking a cruise on QM2. Can someone tell me...are there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins or do you have to rely on room service??

Also..how costly are the wines and the excursions?? How do costs/facilities compare with P and O??

Well, as you'll note I cannot comment on QM2, although I can on QE2.... I don't suppose that there is any real difference in these questions between the two.

On QE2 there is no tea/coffee making in the cabin - at any grade. It doesn't take long to arrive when you order it - at least in my experience. I am always incredibly impressed by how well one can drink for the money - remembering the ship is priced in dollars. Those of us who are from the UK can benefit from the state of the dollar.

Excursions are quite expensive. But then those I've seen on P & O are also expensive.

Generally (and judging by two nights on Arcadia) there is no comparison between P & O and Cunard. I thought the service on Arcadia was in the main poor. Especially in the restaurant. Cunard is a huge leap ahead in terms of service.

(The tea we made on board Arcadia was dreadful - with plastic milk - which takes away from the convenience of it all. Apart from that - we're on holiday so why not get someone else to make the tea?)

While there is no tea available making facilities in your cabin, there must be nearly a dozen places in the QM2 where you can get a cuppa, not including room service. There is an array of teabags available providing a good choice of black, green and herbal teas.

Archived