Taxi cost from pier...

ck1234

If you are going to do that, I would recommend taking one of the taxi tours. Otherwise you may find that you have a hard time getting a ride back.

The tour is approx $40 per person and takes you to a couple of other places as well.

As for a taxi ride just to Hell, it will be between $10-$15 p/p, each way.

They will want a min of 4 people to go.

Another option is the city bus system, $2.50 p/p.

If you are going to do that, I would recommend taking one of the taxi tours. Otherwise you may find that you have a hard time getting a ride back.

The tour is approx $40 per person and takes you to a couple of other places as well.

As for a taxi ride just to Hell, it will be between $10-$15 p/p, each way.

They will want a min of 4 people to go.

Another option is the city bus system, $2.50 p/p.

Thanks mayaglenn! Any idea how long the trip to Hell is by bus?

Right now I do have Captain Marvin's booked for the Snorkel & Stingray tour, and then the Island tour right after. The problem is, I have to check in at 8:00am. We're supposed to dock at 7:00am so this makes me too nervous to arrive in time. So, I want to cancel this.

So, I looked up Captain Bryan's instead. They have a Snorkel & Stingray tour that starts at 9:30. That one I feel more comfortable booking. I don't see them offering an Island tour after.

Does anyone have suggestions where you can walk up and purchase the Island tour? I can't seem to find any companies online offering this? Thanks again! :)

After reading the above posts, I think we need to book a tour. We didn't want to book through the ship. We just wanted to visit Hell and do some snorkeling on our own at Eden's Rock. Didn't realize a taxi ride in GC would cost so much.

What if you do not want to visit the Turtle Farm? We would like to just visit Hell, and maybe Rum Point.

This is our 1st cruise and we have never been to GC.

I would still contact the company above for current rates - I think they all charge the same.

I did see a $12/pp Express to Hell ??? on a rate sheet they had sent me a few months ago.

There is public transportation you can take (buses) that are inexpensive, but not sure how often they run or what stops you want.

Gas prices are always higher there than here, so the prices may no longer be current...

Revised Taxi Fares Sept 1, 2005

All fares quoted are in US Dollars

Island Tours $20 (Turtle Farm admission not included)

Tours takes you to: Seven Mile Beach Turtle Farm, Hell, Tortuga Rum & Cake. (Optional)

Taxi to all locations on Seven Mile Beach

Royal Palms $4

Beach Club $4

Public Beach $5

Sea Grape $5

Courtyard Marriott $6

Cemetery Beach $6 (Good snorkeling)

Yacht Club $7

Morgans Harbour $7

All tours from Spotts up from $20 to $25. (Turtle Farm admission not included)

From Spotts to Georgetown $5

From Spotts to all beaches $1 extra on all revised fares.

Express Taxi to: Turtle Farm, Hell, $12 RT (Turtle Farm admission not included)

Approved by the (PTB) Public Transportation Board of the Cayman Islands

August 25, 2005.

Effective September 1st 2005

Yeah - the trip up to Hell is usually no more than 12-15 minutes.

Depending on the time of day and the state of traffic, the return trip can be more than 30 min.

Maybe you could take the Thriller to Sea Grape, then the bus to and from Hell back to Sea Grape and then back on the Thriller and avoind all the traffic.

In fact, I think I might do that this weekend. Sometimes, I even amaze myself...of course I AM easily amused.

• 2 months later...

Are these cab fares still valid for Grand Cayman?

I got a quote of $25 pp to go from the tender dock to the Turtle Farm and then to Sea Grape Beach. Turtle Farm admission was not included. This seems high to me. If it includes transport back to the ship perhaps it is not too bad. Can anyone advise?

What is "Spotts"?

January 2005.

We just asked a guy what he would charge and that's what he quoted us. We thought it was fair. So we went with him. He didn't mention if it was a fixed rate and we didn't ask any others for their prices.

It is funny to think back about how much you worried about details such as this before your first cruise isn't it?

A tour of Hell won't take very long at all, it's very small so make sure you plan on seeing the turtle farm or snorkeling or something else too.

The one thing I found was that booking tours on ship was a waste of time and a tremendous waste of money. I found that haggeling with the locals that crowd the piere when you arrive is the best way to save. Everything is negotiable from cab fare to guided tours. We spent maybe one third the money on excursions by negotiating with the locals versus booking a tour on the ship. One advantage to booking on the ship though is that you get to get off the ship first, but its no big deal, you shouldn't lose more than an hour. Which still leaves plenty of time to see Grand Cayman.

Archived