Carnival Victory or other suggestions

bryan5557

Looking for advice for Carnival cruise. Have been on Glory and Triumph before, and also cruised Caribbean Princess this year. Don't care that much about port selection, more interested in ship. Am considering Victory for sailing next May. Any past travelers (recent) with information would be helpful, as well as any other suggestions. Thanks.

We were on the Victory 4/2-4/9 and it was a wonderful cruise! Ship was well maintained, food was great in the dining room and Lido buffet was just OK but deli sandwiches, pizza and grill items were better than the buffet, entertainment was good, dining room and cabin service was great. Service in the public areas was just OK, probably due to ship sailing full because of spring break. Other than long lines at times, didn't have any problems due to sailing during a peak time. Camp Carnival must have done a great job as we hardly even realized there were 750+ kids on board. Even though the ship shows its age a little, there was nothing that really bothered us. The mattress and bedding are to die for - the most comfortable I've slept on in 30+ cruises! All in all our group of 22 thought it was an awesome cruise for the money!! Hope you enjoy your trip.

I always like to try the newer ships. How about the Liberty? You didn't say when you would like to cruise, but the Freedom debuts next year.

Happy travels what ever you decide.

Missyal

As far as I can gather the only difference between the Triumph and the Victory is the décor. The ships are built exactly the same….same layout. Someone please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

As far as the Victory….we sailed her (though not recent) on our very first cruise. Back then the ship was amazing and the service could not have been better. She’ll always be our favorite ship!

Happy cruising no matter what you decide to do!

As far as I can gather the only difference between the Triumph and the Victory is the décor.

You're right on the money. ;)

Personally, I would suggest a cabin on Lido or Panorama Forward. Perfect location. Easy access to the buffet, coffee, hot tub, & pool.

Archived