Belize - Private Island Excursion

CruisingAgain

Has anyone taken Carnival's Private Island Excursion in Belize? How much does it cost for adults and children (6)? Was the snorkeling good? Is the island only for Carnival excursions?

Thanks,

Diane

Thats a pretty new excursion, I guess we will have to wait to read about it in the upcoming reviews, It has one $ so I think around 35.00 each.

Has anyone taken Carnival's Private Island Excursion in Belize? How much does it cost for adults and children (6)? Was the snorkeling good? Is the island only for Carnival excursions?

Thanks,

Diane

It is listed on Carnivals site. You can find the pricing there.

It is listed at 42.00 and does not give any reduced pricing for children.

We are booked for this one ourselves in two weeks.:cool:

We did the Private Island Beach Break on Bannister Caye through Carnival on our March 26, 2006 cruise. Here is my complete review of that excursion: Click Here

The island is not only for Carnival cruisers, there were cruisers from RCCL there the same time we were.

The price was $42 (I don't believe there is a break for kids). If you have a cruise booked, you can get the prices of the excursions by registering on carnivals webpage, then go to the page with your cruise on it and it will show the excursions. If you are a long way out from your cruise date, the excursion page may not show too many excursions yet. They will show up as you get closer to your sail date.

We did not try to snorkel at this beach, although I did see a few people snorkeling. Don't know if there were many fish to see, though. The water is shallow, and we could not see any fish in the roped off swimming area.

We had fun at this beach, but Paradise Beach in Cozumel was our hands down favorite beach. Have fun! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Great time at Bannister Island. Their was only two ships there that day Carnival Valor & Miracle.

Beautiful , clean & relaxing beach. I would go back in a second!!

I read your wife's review of your cruise...it was great! Valor is one of my favorite ships!

I have a question for you....how was the beach as far as swimming...I have read that there is a one foot ledge to enter the water...and that it is mooshy.

Also, is the water above your knees? At Goffs Caye it was barely above our knees...we like to walk out to at least waist deep and love to float around on the mats...

thanks!

I read your wife's review of your cruise...it was great! Valor is one of my favorite ships!

I have a question for you....how was the beach as far as swimming...I have read that there is a one foot ledge to enter the water...and that it is mooshy.

Also, is the water above your knees? At Goffs Caye it was barely above our knees...we like to walk out to at least waist deep and love to float around on the mats...

thanks!

I'm not kelz, but I can tell you about our experience at Bannister Island.

The beach was great for swimming. I saw the thread about the lady who broke her leg after falling off the 1-foot ledge. I did not see any ledge while we were there in March. I'm not saying there isn't one, just that there wasn't one where we were located. We were pretty much in the middle part of the beach, right near the bar/restaurant. We had loungers in the second row. It was great.

The beach had a gentle slope down into the water. Yes, the sand is a bit soft as you get into the water, but we didn't find it difficult to navigate. We didn't walk all the way out to the ropes that separate the swimming area from the rest of the ocean. We went most of the way out, and the water was chest-deep there. They do have mats that you can float on also.

We enjoyed our day there. :)

I'm not kelz, but I can tell you about our experience at Bannister Island.

The beach was great for swimming. I saw the thread about the lady who broke her leg after falling off the 1-foot ledge. I did not see any ledge while we were there in March. I'm not saying there isn't one, just that there wasn't one where we were located. We were pretty much in the middle part of the beach, right near the bar/restaurant. We had loungers in the second row. It was great.

The beach had a gentle slope down into the water. Yes, the sand is a bit soft as you get into the water, but we didn't find it difficult to navigate. We didn't walk all the way out to the ropes that separate the swimming area from the rest of the ocean. We went most of the way out, and the water was chest-deep there. They do have mats that you can float on also.

We enjoyed our day there. :)

Thanks! I think this is probably where I will be spending my day! Do they have umbrellas for the loungers?

Thanks! I think this is probably where I will be spending my day! Do they have umbrellas for the loungers?

No umbrellas for the loungers at Bannister Island. There are a few trees and some little huts for shade, as well as the covered bar/restaurant area. You would have to leave your loungers, though. Have fun!

Archived