Sightseeing Help

10th Anniversary

We are 1st time cruisers visiting GC and we need help with things to do in GC.

We want to visit Hard Rock Cafe and Senor Frogs. We want to visit Hell. We want to self snorkel at Eden Rock. We aren't sure if we want to swim with the Sting Rays or visit Rum Point. We do not want to visit the Turtle Farm.

We can walk to Hard Rock, Senor, and Eden Rock. But we have to have a taxi to visit Hell and Rum Point. How much would it cost? Do you have to use certain taxi's? Are the Sting Rays worth visiting?

Please share your experiences and knowledge with us so we can be prepared for our cruise. We leave in 3 weeks. Thanks.

You wouldn't be able to take a cab to Rum Point. It's a 45 minute drive. You'd either need to rent a car and drive there (my favorite thing to do), or you could schedule a snorkle tour that will take you to the stingrays, and then Rum Point.

Hell is on the other side of the island. It's past 7MB area. I don't know if you can get a cab for that or not.

IMO, the stingrays are a must do...at least once. It's a totally amazing adventure.

Hell, IMO, isn't much. It's nothing but a rock formation. You stop there for maybe 15 minutes, and that's more than enough time.

If it were me, I'd schedule a morning snorkle (not going to Rum Point), get back to the port area, do the Hard Rock, Senor Frogs (Margraitaville may be open by the time you get there), and then snorkle at Eden Rock. Or something along that line.

I think the snorkle and RP trip will get you back a little later in the afternoon. I guess what you do will depend on how much time you have in port.

Archived