any difference in main or riviera deck?

Kathy0418

We've only stayed on the main deck on our past cruises but this time all the quad cabins were way in the back and we wanted to be more mid ship so we opted to go down one deck. I know it is kinda late to be asking, but is there any difference in the cabins. i.e, robes, etc.

No difference at all, except that Riviera is lower than Main. We've stayed on Riviera both cruises, once in an inside cabin, and once in an ocean view. The ocean view was a little bigger than the inside, but not by much. We saw our friends balcony cabin, which was EXACTLY like our ocean view cabin, but with a glass door instead of a window and of course, with a balcony.

Both our inside and ocean view cabins had robes and all the amenities in the bathroom, plus the mini-bar (which we never unlocked either time).

We actually prefer Riviera, because the lower you are on the ship, the less you feel the motion. Plus, it's nice to look out the window and be that close to the water.

Thanks for the info. That is what I thought when we booked and then I started to wonder. We always stay low because of the boat movement as well. My husband wears a patch but when seas are rough, he still doesn't feel comfortable on the higher decks. If fact, we turned down an upgrade because they wanted to move us to deck 11.

You got your answer about the cabins being the same, but just something you might want to think about, if your in the middle and there are kids running all over or people in the halls going to their rooms, you are more likely to hear them then if you are on one of the ends. I've been on the end and in the middle and the last cruise on the end was nice, no kids running the halls down on the end. Have a great day!

Archived