Feb or April school vacation for East Coast

Hello-

I know many posters here try and avoid cruising during school breaks but that's the only time we can go. I wanted to know if there is a big difference on the amount of kids that are sailing on either Feb or April vacation. My almost 15yr old daughter didn't use the kids club a few weeks ago because there were mostly 12 year olds in it and she thought they were too young to hang out with. She also brought a friend with her so they met a few other kids by just hanging around. I'm thinking of booking another trip in Feb but wasn't sure if it's considered just as busy with kids as April vacation. Are there certain ports that seem to have more kids than others?

We cruised once in April and three times over February break. Always tons of kids in February (Presidents Day Week).

Not everyone on the east coast gets the same week off in April. For example, this year, even on Long Island, some districts were off the week before Easter and some were off the week after Easter.

We're booked for February 07 (President's Week) on the Navigator -- 6 kids in our group so far, ranging from 5-16 -- my DD will be 14 when we cruise (she never hangs out in the kids' clubs - it's just not her thing).

I don't know where you live, but there's no need to escape Long Island in April (usually). February is when I need to find a beach!

I live in Mass. Feb vacation here is the week of the 19th so I was thinking of looking into cruises for that week. My daughter also wasn't into the kid club. She may be more open about it next cruise since she'll be 15 and able to be in the older kid group to go into the disco, etc. We were on the Mariner for April vacation and we had such a good time that I just NEED to book something soon so I can have something to look forward to.

Archived