Is it difficullt to get a taxi from Atlantis to the ship late at night? (Tuesday)

josassoc

We are traveling on Carnival to Nassau in July 2006 -- arriving a Tuesday morning at 7am, and departing the next morming at 7pm.

--If we book a room/s (I'm prowling for special rates at Atlantis) for the day, how far is it back to the ship?

--Is it difficult to get a taxi from the hotel to the cruise area late at night? Early in the morning (4 or 5 am)?

--Does the cruise area allow us to come a go from the ship at all times while docked?

--If you have a room in Atlantis, I'm assuming the "digs" are free?

I realize this option os expensive, but with a family of six -- and a husband who has wanted to stay there for years, its worth the cost of a day. I was just trying to see if its reasonable to spend both the day and evening at the hotel, then get back to the ship really late at night, or very early in the morning before the ship leaves. Any thoughts?

There is never a problem getting a taxi from Atlantis to the port. On the rare occasion that taxis aren't parked at Altantis, the bellman will order one for you. It's only 4-5 miles from the Atlantis main entrance over to the port entrance. You can see Atlantis from your ship.

There is security at the port that you have to go through but I'm not aware of any time you can't get to your ship. You must have your cruise card along with a photo ID.

Atlantis is very expensive but you may want to check rates at the "across the street" Comfort Suites. It is owned by the same company and staying there allows "included" access to The Digs as well as the beaches, pools and water slides of Atlantis. There is a AAA discount if you're a member and if you go back some pages here in the Nassau section, I recall a link to another website that can get even cheaper rates at Comfort Suites. Maximum 4 guests per room get the needed arm bands that allow Altantis access. Unfortunately, if you have 6, you'd need 2 rooms at Comfort Suites. Not sure if Atlantis itself has a room for 6. Please note that access to The Digs is free after about 9pm after security leaves. So it's not necessary to rent a room just for that. But for the great pool facilities, you would need to be staying there.

BobK/Orlando

We are traveling on Carnival to Nassau in July 2006 -- arriving a Tuesday morning at 7am, and departing the next morming at 7pm.

--If we book a room/s (I'm prowling for special rates at Atlantis) for the day, how far is it back to the ship?

--Is it difficult to get a taxi from the hotel to the cruise area late at night? Early in the morning (4 or 5 am)?

--Does the cruise area allow us to come a go from the ship at all times while docked?

--If you have a room in Atlantis, I'm assuming the "digs" are free?

I realize this option os expensive, but with a family of six -- and a husband who has wanted to stay there for years, its worth the cost of a day. I was just trying to see if its reasonable to spend both the day and evening at the hotel, then get back to the ship really late at night, or very early in the morning before the ship leaves. Any thoughts?

The doorman at Atlantis will be able to get a cab for you if there is no que at that hour. Give yourself 30 minutes of so to get back (even though it's only 10 minutes), you may have to wait a few minutes for a cab.

The DIGS are free to guests. You'll need to book 2 rooms with a family of 6, only 4 ppl (which means only 4 bracelets) per room.

Not sure about embarkment hours.

Archived