Cost of Taxi from Redhook to JFK?

rainrad2002

Hello everyone,

Was wondering what the cost is to go from Red Hook to JFK, and do you have to wait long to grab a taxi?

One other question, we plan on doing one of the formal nights but not necessarily all of them. What are the options for eating on the formal nights if you are not going formal?

Thank you!!

Cheers,

Lorraine

Hi.

You can eat in one of the 4 dining areas in the King's Court. You may, I believe, also dine in Todd English as the Daily Programme states that "Dress Codes will be enforced in the Britannia and Grill Restaurants" I would guess that don't mean Sweeney Todds.

Hope this helps.

Pepper.

Welcome aboard RAINRAD!

I might suggest you scroll through a few pages of messages as both topics have been covered in depth. (taxi and dress). By going through the old messages you will get much better feedback than you might get from only the current group of posters.

I have looked, quite extensively in fact....but I have not seen any specific reference to how much a taxi will cost to JFK from Brooklyn Port, possibly because it seems that it has just opened.

As far as the dress code, I've seen some info on that but not to answer my specific questions. Will see what comes up.

Thank you!!

There has been a discussion but no specific amount. There is also a discussion as to whether the cabs are charging a fixed amount but no one has actually reported what they are doing except one report of a fixed amount from kennedy to the Pier---but I would like to see what others have actually paid so far.

Welcome aboard RAINRAD!

I might suggest you scroll through a few pages of messages as both topics have been covered in depth. (taxi and dress). By going through the old messages you will get much better feedback than you might get from only the current group of posters.

Can I second this, do what I did, spend several days going back over the previous posts, they make facinating reading, with great background information from many years back written by members with many fantastic historical experiences to tell of their crossings and cruises from years gone by on all four Queens.

And now you've posted and asked the question here you'll get many up to date, relevant and current answers too I'm sure.

Pepper.

In the ideal world, there would be a taxi dispatcher that would put down the fare, wherever you are going, on a piece of paper with an eight hundred number to report any overcharging. And the taxi driver would agree with the taxi dispatcher or else the taxi dispatcher would get you another cab. They had this system at Newark and LaGuardia airports a few times when I came thru thereabouts.

But we don't exist in an ideal world. Funny thing that the subject of dressing came up here. I think I will just take a small carry on for my cruise, 24 days on the QM2. I think I may have to take public transportation back from the QM2 July 3rd since I dont want to get ripped off. So a small carry-on and risking being in violation of the dress codes!

Archived