Enchantment Cruise 4/24-4/29...amazing!

Got back a couple of days ago...in a word...amazing!

Getting on board was a piece of cake! If you fill out everything online prior to arrival it is simple.

Our stateroom was a balcony cabin (#7158). Give me an email and I will try and send you a pic or two in the next few days. We had three guys in one cabin and three girls in the cabin next door. Kinda small with the couch bed out.

The crew was awesome! Everyone was really nice. The food was great! Enjoyed every night! Daniel our head waiter and Joel and Ivan were great! No problems!

Entertainment was great as well! We missed the comedian on Monday but saw bits and pieces on the tv. He was pretty funny. Tuesday was the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers. It was a good show. The ladies enjoyed it a lot. The guys were cathcing up on some sleep. Wednesday was a couple of comedian jugglers from Vegas. They were really good! Thursday was the singers and dancers again. Missed this one. Then on Friday they had a magician. Got there late and only saw the first 15 minutes or so. He was funny.

The ship is amazing. The pool deck is really nice, especially at night. The pool deck was pretty crazy on the day at sea. There were deck chairs open though. Not too many on the main level but I saw many carrying chairs down from the upper level. Every time we went to the upper level I saw 10 or 15 chairs open. I haven't figured out why one has to be right next to the pool if all they are doing is getting some sun.

Tendering in Cozumel and Belize was really easy. No problems. Just remember...patience is a virtue!

This was a great cruise for getting free stuff for me. It started off with the scavenger hunt that was going on as soon as we got onboard. We had to find out answers to about 10 different questions by visiting various shops or places on the ship. The catch was you had to turn it in where they where having the "great stores to shop in port" show. We sat there for 45 minutes while the ship's shopping guide talked about the various places. She was handing out free stuff during it and I was able to snag a gift bag with hot sauce and tequilla from Cozumel. Then came time to draw for the scavenger hunt prizes. The catch was that people forgot that it was must be present to win. Almost everyone left. She read about 30 names to get the 10 winners. I ended up getting 10 minutes of internet free! Great for me! It costs $0.50 a minute.

The other free items I got were from the art auction. They gave out raffle tickets for going, for answering questions (even wrong answers), and just clapping and being excited. I ended up winning 3 pieces with a value of around $700 each. At least that is what they said. Nevertheless...it was free!

Only real negative, the internet service is slow. I know, what was I doing online on vacation? Due to my job I need to check once a day. I pretty much expected that though.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have. I don't want to bore with useless information but am more than happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for your post! I'll be cruising with a Christian singles group on the EOS next February, same itinerary.

A question about tendering - we have two disabled women in our group. One uses no modalities, the other a wheelchair. How difficult would tendering be?

Twistergirrl, I will try and get them in the email tomorrow. They are at home.

Jeanie821- From what I could tell they are really great with persons with disabilities. I saw one gentleman in a wheelchair and the crew helped him on and off the tender so his wife didn't have to try and do it by her self.

Saint5024- Yes it was one formal and the rest casual. We saw everything on the casual nights from shorts to jackets. Most were in dockers and a golf shirt or nice slacks and a blouse.

Sounds like a great cruise!

I understand that one RCI ship per day can dock at Cozumel. Was there another ship that docked instead of Enchantment?

Thanks for the review!

Hi Studly,

Glad to hear you had a great time! I'll be on the Enchantment in about a month ( I CAN'T WAIT, its my first time too) and was wondering if there are any places on the ship that are a must see. I'm on the 4-night cruise so it seems like I wont have much time for really getting to explore the entire ship. Maybe I have the wrong expectations... but fill me in! Are there any tips you may have for a first-timer?

Thanks so much! :)

lojill- I wouldn't say their was a huge number of kids and teens.

Carla64- Sorry, I don't have any daily planners for teens. Actually the daily planners I had I sent in the mail to Twistergirrl.

Elva- The day we were in Cozumel a Celebrity (a sister ship to RC) ship was docked from the time we arrived to the time we left.

Jannie711-You need to see everything! Nice answer huh? Seriously, just take it all in. You will see the whole ship throughout your trip. Best advice is to take a good look at the Cruise Compass each night before you go to bed and decide on what you want to do the next day. Figure out what interests you. I enjoyed the art auction but it was the same time as the belly flop contest which I like too. Had to make a choice. Men's sexy legs (which I would have one, HA) was going on at the same time as the shuffleboard tournament. Had to make a choice. Their is just so much to do that sometimes you have to make choices.

Try and get on the ship as soon as you can. Then spend time walking around and figuring out where stuff is and admiring the ship then. Most people immediately run to the buffet as soon as they get on the ship which means that the rest of the ship is pretty empty.

Also, try and go at least 20 minutes early to the nightly shows. Seating is tough if you are late. The last night we showed up about 5 minutes before it started and had to stand in the balcony.

When possible take the stairs. The elevators take forever because everyone is using them. If you are like me you will need a little exercise from all the food you will consume.

Unless you just have to be by the pool, their were always deck chairs open on the top level. I am not sure what it was but people felt they had to be on the same deck as the pool. I always saw chairs open on the top level.

Archived