Ramada Inn Airport in Fort Lauderdale

First off, I read a lot about this hotel on the boards before going. There were a couple of people really bashing this hotel.

Yes, the surrounding neighborhood doesn't look the best. It is surrounded by an airport, interstate, and ship repair yards.

Yes, the hotel wasn't built in the last couple of years. But, it also doesn't cost $175 and up to stay there. It is your typical cheaper motel. One must understand that it is a motel. That means doors to rooms that open up to the outside not to a hallway.

Yes, there isn't much around the hotel. You need to drive towards the pier several blocks to find a Wendy's, Subway, and so on.

Here is my experience...

The staff was very nice. For as busy as the front desk seemed to be they kept their cool. They answered every question with a smile.

As for the room, it was nice. It was clean. The toilet and shower worked great. The tv and remote worked. The AC worked great too. No major visable problems. If you want pictures, give me an email and I will try and send you some in the next few days.

The pool area was really nice. We didn't get into the pool. A ton of kids did though. I think half our ship stayed there before the cruise. The area was nice though. They had some paths that led to a tiki bar that was open during the day. At night all the paths, the bar, and the pool were lit with various colored flood lights and tiki torches. The tiki bar had some umbrella tables and chairs around it that were nice to sit around at night.

The free breakfast was pretty good as well. They had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, doughnuts, cereal, etc...

The free shuttle service to and from the airport and port was great as well. Very easy to use.

Only real problem we had was with a parent who wasn't keeping an eye on his kid. His kid thought it was fun to burn stuff in the Tiki torches.

I have to say that this hotel was packed both nights we stayed there. I would have no problem staying there again. Just remember, it isn't a $175 and up hotel. It is a motel. If you don't mind staying at Super 8's or Days Inns you will enjoy this hotel. If you normally stay at the Ritz...stay away.

I don't agree.....

We are very easy to please, just give me a clean room, a decent bed, and I'm happy.

We stayed at this place and it is the worst place we have ever stayed.

When we got there the staff was not very friendly. We had a lot of luggage and were given no direction to the room other than go through that door and then head to the left. After dragging the suitcases for 10 minutes and going up a flight of stairs we got to the room.

The door was open! I had Dave go in and make sure no one was in there. (Animals or humans). There also was a wash cloth left lying on the floor about 3 feet into the room. How clean can the place really be if a towel is left on the floor.

This place gave me the creeps. Looking back we should have went back to the front desk, had them check out the room and then asked for another room. But it was after midnight and I just wanted to go to sleep after a long day of travel. We had a snowstorm that morning and all flights were being canceled. Luckily ours was the one of the very few that made it out of Buffalo that day. It was stressful day and I just wasn't in the mood to argue with the front desk.

I will never stay at this place again.

Here are some pictures though......

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soonjewel_of/03830009.html

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/coming_soonjewel_of/03830012.html

We stayed there this past September. It took forever to check in and out and then they doubled charged us for the room. Otherwise it was ok. Now, I had friends stay there a few months ago and they had roaches in their room! Can you say GROSS???!!!

Archived