Do we need reservations to visit Rum Point?

KristiFree

I was just curious, as I thought this was a resort.

If so, do we need to put down a deposit with them. Does anyone know how much it is?

Also, what type of transportation did you use to get to Rum Point Beach. I understand it is aways away (other side of island??)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You don't need a reservation at Rum Point. They have food, chairs, hammocks (a couple), and some other things. I think it's Red Sail that operates out of there...so you can rent waverunners. As far as I could tell, there was no charge to use the chairs...there just weren't any...it was packed the day we were there. It's really a pretty place. And worth the drive...IMO.

To get there, you'd either need to rent a car (a 45 minute drive each way), or book a excursion that takes you there. One of the tour operators does a snorkel and Rum Point trip.

You could make a reservation, but probably they couldn't find any body to take one...lol.

Just show up, belly up to the bar, and demand a mudslide or tell 'em you're goin' to Kaibo.

Then watch in frustration as they laugh at you and go back to what they were doing.

...but then again, what did you expect from a place where Pirates used to run rum?

Enjoy.

Archived