Carnival Elation review april 22

James&Rob

OP sorry your cruise stunk! I'm sure it is very disapointing to be so looking forward to a great cruise and be disapointed. Sounds like everyone who has posted on here had some problems. Seems like there must have been a crew shortage along with a lot of new crew members. The just didn't get their act together in time. A crew can make or break a cruise. I had always thought a cruise right after dry dock was a good idea--everything would be clean and shiny--Welp, now I know that's wrong! It's better to wait a few weeks.

Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

I was also on that cruise. Just to clarify the liquor nightmare, I was waiting in the Mikado lounge while my friend waited in the liquor line for about 2 hrs. One of the social hosts came in and stated that they previously had delivered the liquor to the stateroom the night before. She said that she did not know who thought of that idea, but that they would NOT being doing it again. So much for that. I thought the food was decent, but maybe because I did not have to cook it! We had excellent servers and room stewards, so I have no complaints there. I still think it is what you make of it. They had to exterminate our room because something kept biting us. They told us that they did not have time to change all the carpets. I will write to Carnival, but I STILL enjoyed myself. The ports were the usual suspects, except for Grand Turk. Unless you are a fan of diving, there is nothing else to do outside of Margaritaville and the adjoining beach. The terminal is still not finished and most of the stores not open. I STILL enjoyed the weather & the water. I do not think that most of the problems came from drydock, but a change in staff that were not very familar with their responsibilities. I will say that the internet service was down more than it was up. Enjoy, have fun, & deal with it as it comes. Thats my story & I'm sticking to it!!!

jprice50 - thanks for speaking alittle on the ports! I still have some questions about GT though. When you say that there is nothing to do, does that include just water activities? I know GT is a pretty small island, and so I have intentions of doing a self guided tour of sorts in town, seeing the museum they have there, and then relaxing on the beach the rest of the day (weather permitting :() Do you know how the tour bus system worked there?

Thanks in advance!!:D

We had every intention of doing a tour also. We took a taxi "downtown" for about $5 per person. The "museum" was an old looking house and the admission was only $5. but we did not go in. The "downtown" was pretty much the same. Do not look for stores or little gift shops. I almost felt like I had gone back in time to the 1900s with the look of the housing and other buildings. The government offices were housed in what used to be the U.S. military barracks. The prision was closed, but open for tours. It did not look like it could ever have kept even my children confined! It was an experience that I could pass on until things are changed a bit. Needless to say, we all turned around and went back to Margaritaville on the next available taxi. Hope that helps.

Cruises are like pilots. There are 2 kinds of pilots. Those that have crashed and those that are going to.

Heh.. this reminds me of a funny joke.

A pilot and co-pilot were flying a plane to New York City. It was their first time flying together. They chatted away a little and as they got closer to the city, the pilot says to the co-pilot, "By the way, I'm blind." The co-pilot gets a little nervous and gets really quiet. After flying around and getting lined up perfectly, they have a perfect landing. As they were getting off the plane, the co-pilot asks the pilot, "How did you fly so perfectly if you are blind?" The pilot replied, "Simple. Every time I heard you gasp, I'd know I was right in front of a building and I would pull up until I felt you relax again. And the airport knows I'm blind so they usually let me land on auto-pilot."

Well, I might have messed it up a bit, but you get the gist of it, right? Right? Bah. Who needs you people anyways? I'll be on a cruise in 9 days! :D

Undrhil

Archived