Coki Beach

Fun~N~Sun

We have pretty much decided this is the beach we want to go to but I have a few questions. Is there a snorkle tour at this beach? We went on a snorkle tour in the bahamas and they took you out on a boat and stopped a few different spots to see different things one stop even included sharks.

How far is it from the ship? How much by taxi?

Any good bars or shopping near this beach?

I have young 20's with me who are looking for bars, music, fun. Is this the right beach for that?

Where is prime shopping area in St. Thomas trying to get ideas between ship, beach, shops, how to do it all.

Any other recommendations?

See my reply under your original STT question . . . .

Have your twenty-somethings stop at Duffy's Love Shack for a drink or ten. It is literally a shack in a strip mall parking lot in Red Hook which is very near Sapphire. Good munchies and lots of drinks in funky glasses (available to purchase of course!). I'm not sure Coki will cut it for the young folks.

There is snorkeling at Coki. Sharks are not a common sight when snorkeling in the VI; they are here just not often seen.

Havensight (where most ships dock) to Coki is about a 12-15 minute drive and is $9 per person one way in a taxi. You can review the various transportation options for St. Thomas at http://www.*****/stthomas/getting_around_stt/.

Red Hook is farily close, another 5-7 minute drive from Coki, and there is a little shopping there and some bars - like Duffys that Hokie mentioned above. You can shop when you head back to the ship as there is shopping right at the dock in Havensight.

The prime shopping area is downtown Charlotte Amalie and Havensight.

--Islander

Archived