FCO to Port and Return

iuac1

What is the best way to get to the port and back from the airport in Rome? How much does it cost and how long is the trip? Is it better to book through Celebrity or on your own? Thanks for any help you can give me.

I can tell you that our 'Celebrity Connections' forum (Galaxy, Best of the Med 2/6/06) has organised (well, one very enterprising & helpful member thereof has organised) a 53-seat coach from Rome Termini station to Civitavecchia on embarkation day. It will be just about full - I believe that about 50 people have signed-up for it. Some of the takers are US-based cruisers who will have flown in to FCO one or two days earlier in order to recover from the flight and to see Rome, and others of us (like me) are european cruisers who are flying in to Rome on the day of departure.

So one answer would be for you to get active in your Connections forum and see if anything is being organised there. If it isn't, why not organise it yourself?

Hi, We've booked Stefano at romecabs to take us to the port

from our Rome hotel and on the return from the port to FCO. It's over an hour's drive each way. He charges 115 euros for two passengers,125 for 4 and 150 for 6 in a large minivan. I was able to

get 4 more people by posting it on the roll call--

Galaxy Med Cruise 10/06/06. Stefano comes

highly recommended on the trip advisor forum.

You can reach him at http://www.romecabs@yahoo.com He answers promptly by email. Hope this helps.

stefano is wonderful. We used him for a day tour in Rome and he showed us sights that we would have missed otherwise. He is a real gentleman, quiet but knowledgeable. Do tell him hello from Sheila Englebardt and her 'crowd'.

stefano is wonderful. We used him for a day tour in Rome and he showed us sights that we would have missed otherwise. He is a real gentleman, quiet but knowledgeable. Do tell him hello from Sheila Englebardt and her 'crowd'.

Hi Sheila, it's good to know first hand about Stefano.

I'll be sure to pass along your hellos. Thanks for the response.

Glad to be of help. It's a shame that he won't be touring you around Rome...he recommends a wonderful guide for the Vatican (Domizia) who not only helped us avoid the long line but provided a wonderful, indepth introduction to all of the art work (she was an art history major). Have a wonderful cruise!

What is the best way to get to the port and back from the airport in Rome? How much does it cost and how long is the trip? Is it better to book through Celebrity or on your own? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thw Galaxy has just left for Rome on a T/A.There was quite a bit of discussion on this topic before she left. Check out the Roll Call Forum for May 15 departure of the Galaxy Transatlantic.

Tom UK, I'll be very curious to know if luggage for 50 people will fit in a 53 pax coach. My experience is that more than 40 is risky. Please tell us all about it. I sail Galaxy next October, 14 days from Rome.

Tom UK, I'll be very curious to know if luggage for 50 people will fit in a 53 pax coach. My experience is that more than 40 is risky. Please tell us all about it. I sail Galaxy next October, 14 days from Rome.

Truer words have never ben spoken! If people bring more than one suitecase (not a carryon), the luggage will not fit in the luggage bays.

When I schedule transfer coaches, we max them at 40 because of the luggage situation.

Archived