Which 1 to choose??

cruzinfreak

Hi every1:)

I'm new to this site and its great. Have a question - going on a Mediterranean cruise for the first time via Celebrity. Dont know if to take the Pisa/Florence tour or the Tuscan Country side. Anyone care to give thier opinions....would be much appreciated.

Thank you:)

Hi every1:)

I'm new to this site and its great. Have a question - going on a Mediterranean cruise for the first time via Celebrity. Dont know if to take the Pisa/Florence tour or the Tuscan Country side. Anyone care to give thier opinions....would be much appreciated.

Thank you:)

Couple of questions for you :) Where would you dock? Milan? We took a bus from Milan to Florence and it went thru the Tuscan Valley Countryside.......granted, it was on a main road, but it was still beautiful. Florence is definitely worth seeing, it's old, and full of history........HOWEVER, if you are going in mid summer it will be crowded. The good thing tho is they don't allow cars in the downtown area. Last time I was there they did allow mopeds, but it's better than cars.

I think if it were up to me, I would choose Florence. Make sure you ask your tour bus guide to recommend a quaint restaurant to eat in. We ate in a beautiful, quaint little place with old fresco paintings on the wall. I wish I remembered the name of the place.....Florence is nothing like Rome, it's much better IMHO.

Have fun, it's a great cruise itinerary.

Laurei

Thx Cruzin4us, We start at Barecelona, then cruise for 12 nights. Ports of call are:- Viilefrancha, Livorno, Naples, Athens, Santorini, Dubronuvik & Venice. If you have any suggestions for any of the ports to take shore excurisions....would love to hear them!!:)

Boy thats a tough one. I would say that if you had to choose, Florence is one to see. You get a great feel for the area and of course they have "David", which should not be missed. The above comment is correct, it will be crowded, but so will most of Tuscany as well. We had the oportunity to do both when we traveled there and the Tuscan crountry side is beautiful with some great small towns and historic charm. I would say florence for the history and art and Tuscany for a more relaxed look into the hill towns.

Archived