Concierge Class - worth the $$$$ ?

Beachcombers

BaltiGator,

You may want to double check that quote and do some comparisons. It sounds like a very big jump to me. The price difference for our 15 night Panama Canal CC aft cabin was just under $500.00 per person.

We are getting a very nice, deep discount on the standard balcony room but are unable to find a similar discount on the CC class. That is why the difference is so large.

Hey Connie...hi there. We are from the central/east end of the city, we're in Manor Park which borders Vanier, Rockcliffe Park, and New Edinburgh, basically. What part are you from...maybe we'll cruise together one day.

We've already picked up two cruisers from this thread last week... they read my info re the Explorer of the Seas Feb. 3, 2008, and jumped at the price...it's still low and we have a thread of about 40 people...and it's only been available for booking for a couple of weeks...it's selling like hotcakes and our thread is going crazy for 20 months away!! Come join in the fun.

BaltiGator, I just checked the Celebrity pricing, if you're on the 14 nighter Aug. 4 or 18th. For Canadian $ it's showing a difference of about $650.00 Canadian per person for CC., which would probably be about $570.00 US roughly, so someone misinformed you.

Why not call our Certified Vacation Planner, Manny, at Celebrity..he's fantastic, tell him Loie referred you and you'll get the best info and help.

He's at 1-800-859-7225, Ext. 30775. He'll be able to give you the straight facts. He works Monday thru Friday from 1pm til 10pm.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

Loie

BaltiGator, I just checked the Celebrity pricing, if you're on the 14 nighter Aug. 4 or 18th. For Canadian $ it's showing a difference of about $650.00 Canadian per person for CC., which would probably be about $570.00 US roughly, so someone misinformed you.

Thanks much for the info. We're actually booking on the 8/12 cruise. And as I mentioned above, the reason I'm seeing a much larger price difference isn't because someone is quoting too high a price on the CC cabin to me, but rather because I'm getting a much deeper discount on the 2B cabin than what is being generally offered. Which is a good thing. But it does mean I can't justify spending over two grand extra for 20 sq ft of space and a few nice touches.

Hi Loie, We're a bit further east than you in Orleans. Wow, 20 months. That's what you call an early booking. The earliest we've done is 14 months and that was to get the aft HC cabin for our Panama Canal.

Baltigator, CC is great but not worth the extra $2200.00 IMHO. Keep watching the prices though.

Happy sailing

Connie

WE are booked for 8095 midship CC? I keep reading about CC aft? I was told Aft was a bit rocky. We did Mexico last summer AFT, and It was defintely rocky, so I stayed away from Aft, and now reading all this, makes me wonder? Will my balcony not be very big now?? Any helpful hints would be great. Is mid-ship not a good place? anyone stayed in 8095 before???

Hi Minniemom, you have a nice D-1 CC, mid ship, but the balcony is only 41 square feet, which is large enough for 2 chairs and a table. If you get one of the coveted aft cabins like we have on the Connie, the room size is the same but the balcony will be the same width as yours, say 10 feet, but yours will only be 4 feet deep and ours will be about 12 or 15 feet deep, enought for 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.....quite a considerable difference for the same price!!!! At lesat that's what we're expecting, we know that to be the case with RCL, we just off an aft on the Brilliance and the balcony was huge, 9th deck. We always stay aft and have never noticed any motion except for a severe storm in Mexico one day/night...we had to stay in port as we couldn't travel....but it lulled me to sleep actually.

So, mid ship is great, close to elevators and all the action, but if you don't mind the long walk to your room, take the lovely large balcony IF it's available...but get it waitlisted for sure.

Beachcomers, Thank you we just booked on the 12 night Carribean and what a price.....

wE HAVE NEVER BEEN ON rccl just Celebrity, and can't wait to try RCCL

thanks again

Cindy and Bob

Hi Cyndeeee

Here's a link to our Cruise Critic thread but first......we're all a little nutty methinks. Glad you saw my post and are joining the group. We are from Ottawa, Canada, have met loads of cruise friends.... but on a cruise 5 or 6 years ago we met Jan and Don (Don , sadly and unfortunately, passed away suddenly a year later), but Jan and Peter and I have become best friends and always cruise together...etc. Jan is from Wakefield, Mass, outside of Boston.....and we see her lots both here and there....friends forever.

So, enuff of us...give us some info on you, we also met Sally and Gerry last year on the Brilliance from Boston..so maybe we can all meet up this Aug. when we're staying with Jan.

BTW, we've never tried Celebrity...next Feb. will be a first...any info you give us on the Constellation will be very much appreciated. Thanks

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=339835

LOie

ON SUMMIT! We had 9201 & it was a disaster! They have teak floor bar & our room sounded like a war zone. Then at 2AM & 5:30AM they pressure wash the bar, floor & furniture every night putting all the stink & garbage on everything under them. Padded furniture with pools of water, useless for breakfast. We fell sleep watching the wake first night & we shot in the head with the pressure washer. Not too nice! And boy did we smell, so showers at 2AM! Never had this problem on Connie or Infinity. Andthe 200 sq ft balcony is wonderful with the large table & 4 chairs for dinner with a pair of friends but not on Summit & to have the room steward spraying air freshener all over the room from the hall every day was crazy too. But he hated the smell too.

I know i am just repeating what everyone has already stated/

But, you made a great choice.

If you can afford it--goooooo for it.

We booked a 14 day Panama canal cruise on the Summit. We were able to get an aft cabin CC for $200/person more. We felt we couldnt say no. The aft balacony alone is so wonderful

Enjoy-enjoy !!

Nadine

Hi we have 9160 booked in October how was the noise from above?

You could hear chairs on the deck, but it didn't really bother us. Pepe de Jose and his Latin guitar could be heard, but you can pretend it's a serende. Once again the balcony makes up for everything.

We booked in Jan for our 9/2/06 13 day on the Century, I really wanted to try CC but it was going to cost $400 each extra $800 total. So we took cat. 2A for 2430.00, CC was 2,880. each.

Well guess what, I just went on Celebrity site and the price for CC is now $2,249!!!!!! just $19 more than our cat.2A. I emailed our TA. Ask her to call Celbrity ASAP. I am going to call her first thing in the morning too.

Keep checking the web site the price just might go down. Hope it works out for me.

Good advice. Personally I check the prices almost daily. But, once I make my final payment, neither the TA nor Celebrity is obligated to help me out, right? Do people find they can still get price reductions after the final payment?

Good advice. Personally I check the prices almost daily. But, once I make my final payment, neither the TA nor Celebrity is obligated to help me out, right? Do people find they can still get price reductions after the final payment?

Most definately....i got a reduction on our Millie Cruise AFTER final was made..Celebrity is pretty good about this

As others have said, it all depends on your income and comfort scale as to affordability. But, the cost of CC for your trip IMO just does not seem worth it.

On our upcoming Feb, Panama 14 day cruise. We were able to get a balcony for a certain price, Then my TA said she had an aft, balcony, CC room for $150 more/ person. That , i felt was a good deal, as i always wanted to try an aft cabin. for an aft CC. I probably would have gone up a bit more

enjoy your cruise

Nadine

Archived