Much difference between Legend & Navigator of the Sea?

Help! Is there really much difference between the LOS & NOS?

I have two cruises on Hold - Legend of the Sea (Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel) & Navigator of the Sea ( Labadee, Ocho Rios Jamacia, Cayman, Cozumel). I really want to go on the LOS cuz it is going to Belize. My family is out voting me because they want to go on the bigger "Better" ship more activities ( roller skating, basketball, ice skating, etc). I really have no desire of going to Jamacia but I want the kids to have fun ( 14 & 18 yrs old). This is our first time cruising and don't know when we will be able to afford it again.

Any input will be appreciated!!

Thanks Sophie

Yes, actually, there is a huge difference. Navigator is about twice the size of Legend. Legend does not have the rock climbing wall, or the ice skating rink, or any of the specialty restaurants like Johnny Rockets, Portofinos or Chops. Legend does not have mini golf or roller blading. Legend has less pools. There is truly no comparison between the two. People like each for different reasons. I would think that with kids the Navigator is the better way to go.

And actually LOS does have a rock climbing wall. We were just on LOS and had a good time, but I think if it boils down to 14 and 18y/o and activitys, you might want to choose NOS but you better make sure you get to choose activitys that you want as well:o Russ

I've been on both ships. The Legend was almost new when I did the Panama Canal. It was one of my most favorite cruises ever!! There was no such thing as speciality restaurants; so, we didn's miss it!

We had an owners suite cabin and we loved it! We played the 18 hole minature golf course. Really enjoyed that. I would go on her again.

As for the Navigator...we loved that ship also. Much, much bigger and lots more people. But, it never seemed crowded. We didn;t eat in any of the speciality restaurants so I can;t comment. But we did enjoy the ice show and the group I was with there were 4 teenagers and they had a blast! We had a Grand Suite and that was very nice also.

I think which ever one you chose you will be happy with. But, in today's world the kids would probably like the Navigator a little better.

Thanks for all the responses - I think the kids will like the NOS also. Just Cruising itself should be a blast for me. Now if the EOS (western cruise) would have a great sale we could all be have our way.

Thanks Again Sophie

Archived