Has anyone ever won a free cruise through RC?

My husband & I went on our first cruise (our honeymoon) last December - Western Caribbean Explorer of the Seas. We played Win a Cruise Bingo - and WON!!! There are very strict rules though, & I'm nervous about doing everything right. You can only book between 7 & 30 days out. You have to mail in your winning certificate (I'll probably overnight & certify it), choosing your top 3 cruises. From there it's in RC's hands.

Now the problem is that my husband is a firefighter, so he just can't take off at the spur of the moment. We've arranged his time off so that he is easily able to go on the Dec. 2 sailing of the Serenade to the Southern Caribbean (which is our #1 preference). I know that eventually I will call RC (probably in early October) & ask for their opinions on how to go about handling this process, but has anyone been faced with a similar situation that can provide me with inside advice? I'm so nervous I'll do something wrong, or our cruise will be sold out! Any comments are appreciated - thanks!

We had some friends win the cruise bingo and they wanted to cruise with our group again. She just kept calling RCCL and BEGGING, telling the story of how they had to be with our group. RCCL finally gave in about 3 months out and let them book it. All you can do is keep asking. If you get a no, hang up and call back. You get a different person every time anyway.

Traveled in two owner suties, several JS and looked at at a GS. For the money, you can't beat the JS. On many of the cruises I've been on they've only been a couple hundred more than a D1 balcony...and you get alot more room. The 'bar' area in the GS is nice if you're entertaining guests but also quite a bit more than a JS. One nice benefit is the Concierge Club access on the GS & OS and the afternoon cabin 'treat's but the older ships don't have the CC and the treats by themselves aren't worth the cost to upgrade to the GS/OS.

Owner suites are nice to the point you want to spend time in them....which kinda defeats the purpose of going on vacation...if you want all the comforts of home...STAY HOME :)

Archived