Pictures in or near water

I have had so many people ask me how our pictures turned out so nice in the water so I thought I'd post what we used.

I bought an aquapac. It is a waterproof bag that you can work any digital camera inside of. They cost around $30 online.

I was a little skeptical when I bought it and was scared to put my camera in it in the water.

It really worked great. It was completely watertight, took clear, great pictures and floated.

This last feature really came in handy while cave tubing in Belize. I actually went over a few small rapids and didn't have the strap around my neck. I didn't even realize it was gone for about a minute..but it floated right to my husband who was behind me. He rather enjoyed watching me freak out while he hid the camera..LOL.

Anyway..almost ALL my pictures were taken through this bag. I only took it out while on the ship. Other than that I used my camera in the bag. Feel free to take a look at them

www. dotphoto.com

user: ourcruise

password: carnival

I will never travel without it again. I hate disposable water camera.

I am so glad you posted that about the Aquapac because I was thinking about getting one for our first cruise for snorkeling. I was worried that the flash might be reflected somehow on the plastic and make the pictures bad. Do you have to make sure the plastic is really tight against the lens? Is the plastic real soft, making it easy to manipulate the camera functions? I am going to check out your pics right now. I hate those disposable cameras too! I will be thrilled to be able to use my digital underwater. Thanks again for the post.

I just looked at the pics. They are of wonderful quality!! I'm so happy something like this is available at such a great price, compared to buying another "real" camera or throwing away money on those disposables. I can't believe how great the clarity and color are! You have made me do it. I'm ordering one NOW! Amazon.com has them too!

The plastic was pretty soft. I never had to make sure the lens was tight against the plastic..but if you just get out of the water..make sure there aren't water drops on the plastic..just blow them off or there will be a drop in your picture. It really did work great. I can't say enough. Only word of warning, the plastic doesn't like bugspray. We used bugspray in Belize and where it touched the plastic it made it funky. Luckily it wasn't were the lens was so pictures were all still fine.

Thank you so much for sharing the photos and the info on the aquapac!! I watched the pics on the "show" version! So fun!!

We just bought a great new camera at Christmas time - they took fabulous pics on our March cruise. My DH wanted to get some kind of pac for it...I appreciate the recommendation. (I think that I would be nervous too to put the camera in the water!! :eek: )

What a great idea. I have looked into the hard plastic cases for my camera and either they haven't sold them for my particular model or they are TOO expensive to be worth it.

This will be great for vacation this summer too!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Great product! Unfortunately I did not have one when we went to the turtle farm @ Grand Cayman. My brand new digital camcorder that I bought special for the cruise took a dunk in the saltwater of a turtle pool. Needless to say... it was terminal. Also unfortunately the Aquapacs for camcorders are $110! A little pricey.

Your photos are beautiful.... I'm glad the aquapac worked for you... I personally use housings for my camera but I also dive....so I need that.. But my question is, what camera did you use?? It's a great camera.....:p

Thanks for posting that. I also loved your pictures.

I've thought about buying an Aquapac many times, but I've hesitated. I knew if I bought one, I'd also buy a less expensive digital camera (about $150) to use in it because I wouldn't trust my expensive ones in it.

I'm going to get both now.

Archived