Capt. Bryans vs. Moby Dick Tours

christi29

We are booked on Moby Dick Tours, but Capt. Bryans is on a catermerane which sounds cool. Can anyone give me their oppinions on either of these companies for the Stingray Excursion? I was thinking of canceling with moby dick and booking with Capt. Bryans but need pros and cons......Please help...:rolleyes:

We just got back. It was great.. While others cruise passangers were crammed onto their huge boat, we chilled under the sails on Capt Bryon's - there were only 11 of us, and nine were from our group. We went on the earlier sail, which I recommend. After the stingrays, we snorkled the reef, which was awesome.

I highly recommend Capt Bryon's - for $35 bucks, you can't go wrong! And the bakery next door was a great stop for coffee before we set out. Don't forget, they are on Island time, not boat time. We arrived over an hour early..... so we walked around with our coffee and checked out the beach for a while first.

We just got back. It was great.. While others cruise passangers were crammed onto their huge boat, we chilled under the sails on Capt Bryon's - there were only 11 of us, and nine were from our group. We went on the earlier sail, which I recommend. After the stingrays, we snorkled the reef, which was awesome.

I highly recommend Capt Bryon's - for $35 bucks, you can't go wrong! And the bakery next door was a great stop for coffee before we set out. Don't forget, they are on Island time, not boat time. We arrived over an hour early..... so we walked around with our coffee and checked out the beach for a while first.

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to change to Capt. Bryons. Do you pay when you book or when you get there?

I have taken the Moby Dick Tour three times in the past two years. Each time taking new family members and friends on this wonderful tour.

Beware-as of April 2006

Let me explain. The (Moby Dick Tours) once got into the water with you. Teaching you how to hold the stingrays, fed the stingrays, catching the sting rays for you and generally answering questions while you spend precious time with these creatures. A very rewarding experience, that you will always remember.

Now a guy named Carlos yells and orders you to get in line (yes a line on the sandbar) to get your picture made. It appears you are holding the string ray. You are not. A crew member positions it on you. You are told to kiss it. NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT. I could not believe what was happening. Then they yell again, time is up? What? You spend no quality time with the sting rays with their help, in which you will need. Then on your return boat ride back to the UNAIRCONDITIONED bus. Carlos is busy collecting $53.00 for three pictures he had taken with his digital camera.

Please be aware this is not a good time anymore. I was so very sad to see what they are doing now. This tour used to be just awesome. GO WITH ANOTHER TOUR.

Hi Christi29,

We will be cruising Crown Princess 7-11-06.

I too decided to take the Capt Bryan's Buccaneer Catamaran excursion.

I thought the catamaran was an added bonus that I didn't want to pass up.

Be aware when you look at their website that there are a couple different stingray/snorkel excursions. We chose the 3 hour tour.

Check the link below

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Excursions.htm

I can't speak for Captain Bryan's tour, but I just went on the Moby Dick Stingray Tour on April 29 2006 and had a great experience. Both tour guides went over beforehand what to expect from the stingrays and how to handle them. Once we got to the sandbar, they both got into the water with us. We had plenty of time to interact with the stingrays on our own. They even gave each of us a chance to hold them and kiss them if we WANTED. No one took or tried to sell us any pictures. All 5 of us in our party had a great time. :)

Archived