Lady Di

Diana Kleiner

Cruising out of Amsterdam on June 15. I am curious about the best way to take money. Will there be plenty of places to use a debit card ? Any tips would be appreciate on what is the best thing to do and will we have to convert our money when going into Russia, Norway, Sweden ..........etc.

Thanks

Lady Di

There is a huge currency exchange / bank at the Amsterdam Airport, plus ATMs near it that dispense both US dollars and Euros. (Great airport!)

You might find a good deal more advice on this matter by making two revisions to your post: 1. Use a subject line that refers to your question (i.e. "money in Europe".) 2. Consider also posting on the Europe Ports board.

Have a fun cruise.

having taken college students on several terms abroad (and two weeks at a time in Holland) there are plenty of ATM's everywhere - and you get a much better exchange rate using an ATM rather than converting Traveler's Checks or US dollars (also better rate using visa, etc when buying something rather than traveler's checks) Wish I was going also!

One thing you have to be aware of when using a credit/debit card anywhere outside the US. The card companies are now charging huge conversion fees when you charge in a foreign country. When we were on the Summit in March, we bought some jewelry in Huatulco and Acapulco, and the conversion charges I got on my Visa and MC were huge. One was $58 and the other was $73. Be careful if you're going to be using any credit card overseas, even at ATM machines.

Cruising out of Amsterdam on June 15. I am curious about the best way to take money. Will there be plenty of places to use a debit card ? Any tips would be appreciate on what is the best thing to do and will we have to convert our money when going into Russia, Norway, Sweden ..........etc.

Thanks

Lady Di

Di, just start a new thread / subject / post. I'm not aware of any way to change the original subject line. Sorry if my first response led you to believe that was possible.

You are, though, getting some good info regardless!

Archived