Sapphire Princess Review - April 22,2006: LONG

CL-JW

There were two bands in the Wheelhouse Bar - The Walking Miracles and The Rosie Trio. We can only comment on the Rosie Trio - they were quite good.

There was live music in Crooners - Piano and vocals - with Arny G. He was also very good.

There was a band - Voltz - who played during the deck party and other events that were also good.

I was on this cruise with Craig and Jack. We had a BLAST!! :D

I want to add to the answer about music on board.........I loved the band Hip Pocket that played in Explorers. They played many different types of music and I thought they did a great job.

Jamie

CL-JW, I just came across your review on the 4/22-4/29 Mex Rivera cruise on the Sapphire Princess and I loved it. I was on the same cruise as you folks, by myself but with a singles group which I will not mention the name of it here. It was a fun group we had, and I met lots of nice people. We had our own private activities, either in the disco or in Club Fusion. And this is the first time that I sailed from the west coast, as all of my previous cruises were from Florida ports to the Carribbean. And I flew out to LA the day before, and I flew home Sun due to the late arrival of the ship on Sat. (Had to stay an extra night at LAX Marriott). I would love to book with these folks again.:)

Paul

I was on this cruise with Craig and Jack. We had a BLAST!! :D

I want to add to the answer about music on board.........I loved the band Hip Pocket that played in Explorers. They played many different types of music and I thought they did a great job.

Jamie

The bride and I agree with you. We danced to all three groups and th Hip Pocket were absolutely the best.

Last year we did the Diamond on the same trip 1-7-05, believe. They had the best band we've ever heard on a ship for us. Derringer they were called; from Canada probably BC, Canada, I believe.

We are hoping that the 11-11-06 Sea Princess (round trip 14 days Ft. Lauderdale - way south Caribbean) has a couple of great groups. As well as the Sapphire 1-7-07 (from Sydney to New Zealand).

Thanks for the MEMORIES - JAMIE!

steve & liz

http://knightco.com

Steve and Liz,

We are all from Carlsbad!! SMALL WORLD!!

And I will watch for Derringer on future cruises -- thanks for the info.

Jamie

Yep, been here 20 years come December - love the weather and the people. If you liked HIP HOP check out NEW Neiman's TUESDAY NIGHTS (corner of Carlsbad Village & HWY 101 across from Fidels) at 6:15 p.m. and Craddit Union band. Small cover charge - hope to be there tomorrow night.

We are about 5 cruises behind you via Princess. Love the internet so we can run the business when out-of-town.

Yep, been here 20 years come December - love the weather and the people. If you liked HIP HOP check out NEW Neiman's TUESDAY NIGHTS (corner of Carlsbad Village & HWY 101 across from Fidels) at 6:15 p.m. and Craddit Union band. Small cover charge - hope to be there tomorrow night.

We are about 5 cruises behind you via Princess. Love the internet so we can run the business when out-of-town.

Actually Princess made me elite for this last cruise. Must have been a mix-up! It was wonderful. Had my first black card and it definitely made a difference on the service I received. I was also invited to the most traveled passenger cocktail party.

And thanks for the info on Craddit Union band!!

Jamie

Actually Princess made me elite for this last cruise. Must have been a mix-up! It was wonderful. Had my first black card and it definitely made a difference on the service I received. I was also invited to the most traveled passenger cocktail party.

And thanks for the info on Craddit Union band!!

Jamie

Great. The crew really doesn't give slack service with you BEING at ELITE status - that's for sure.

Platinum is not too bad, though. One stage at a time. Take me three years to catchup with you. YOU are a TOPPER.

See you some Tuesday night at OUR NEW Neiman's - 6:15 pm to 9:00 p.m.

CL-JW, I just came across your review on the 4/22-4/29 Mex Rivera cruise on the Sapphire Princess and I loved it. I was on the same cruise as you folks, by myself but with a singles group which I will not mention the name of it here. It was a fun group we had, and I met lots of nice people. We had our own private activities, either in the disco or in Club Fusion. And this is the first time that I sailed from the west coast, as all of my previous cruises were from Florida ports to the Carribbean. And I flew out to LA the day before, and I flew home Sun due to the late arrival of the ship on Sat. (Had to stay an extra night at LAX Marriott). I would love to book with these folks again.:)

Paul

We met many people who were with that group and everyone was so nice and looked like they were having a great time.

The cruise critic group we met up with is already deep in the process of planning a reunion cruise. I personally can't wait. I'm going to do the parasailing in Mazatlan this time!

Hi, What were your feelings about the Queen Mary? How was your cruise? Would you go on her again? What cabin did you have? Wondering cause I'd like to take her. Cheers, Jim

The QM2 cruise was our first cruise so it will always be special. We did an 8 nt RT out of NY to the Eastern Caribbean. We loved the ship and thought the service was fantasic, The Commodore Club on deck 9 is the best bar on the ship.

We would like to do a crossing on her if we found the right price. We would not do another "cruise" on her because of the higher cost

We had an atrium cabin on deck 5 which is an interior with a window looking into the center of the ship. The cabin was nice and it was nice to get some light in the cabin from the outside (even thou it was not natural light.)

We would highly suggest a trip on the QM2 just to experience it if you can.

The cruise critic group we met up with is already deep in the process of planning a reunion cruise. I personally can't wait. I'm going to do the parasailing in Mazatlan this time!

I'm with you on the parasailing. A bunch of us did it in Nov when we were in Mazatlan. I think though that I might want to do it in Cabo next time. I notice that they had it off a boat (did that in Hawaii) instead of just from the beach. I prefer launching and being reeled back in to a boat. I think Joe doesn't cares either way. We've done it several times and think it's great!:D

I'm with you on the parasailing. A bunch of us did it in Nov when we were in Mazatlan. I think though that I might want to do it in Cabo next time. I notice that they had it off a boat (did that in Hawaii) instead of just from the beach. I prefer launching and being reeled back in to a boat. I think Joe doesn't cares either way. We've done it several times and think it's great!:D

I'm in too!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I wish I could say that I would join you Parasailing.....but I just can't. Grant has tried to get me to go and has failed:p I'm sure he will want to go with you. I can see it now.....I'll take pictures (I should have a new camera by then) of you "crooners" in the sky:D

I wish I could say that I would join you Parasailing.....but I just can't. Grant has tried to get me to go and has failed:p I'm sure he will want to go with you. I can see it now.....I'll take pictures (I should have a new camera by then) of you "crooners" in the sky:D

You and I can sit at the bar having frosty beverages, while our fearless flyers go parasailing...:o

Jack

You and I can sit at the bar having frosty beverages, while our fearless flyers go parasailing...:o

Jack

Just make sure you leave some of the frosty drinks for us!:rolleyes: We'll give you guys a "shout out" from high above the Mex. Riv.and a wave.:eek: Both Joe & I are having PCD.:( See you all at Crooners tonight!

Amelia

Just make sure you leave some of the frosty drinks for us!:rolleyes: We'll give you guys a "shout out" from high above the Mex. Riv.and a wave.:eek: Both Joe & I are having PCD.:( See you all at Crooners tonight!

Amelia

PCD is the worst!! Is there something (besides taking another cruise :D ) you can take for it???

And you all better leave us some frosty drinks! Joe, Amelia, Grant and Craig, here is to sailing high above the sandy beaches of Mexico!! :D

Jamie

PCD is the worst!! Is there something (besides taking another cruise :D ) you can take for it???

And you all better leave us some frosty drinks! Joe, Amelia, Grant and Craig, here is to sailing high above the sandy beaches of Mexico!! :D

Jamie

The more I think about it, the more I'm looking forward to parasailing. Just got pricing to do it in Hawaii too - and it's really not much more expensive than it was in Mexico.

Jaime, I am still waiting for your review........Karen

I am behind!! :eek: :eek: I started it and hopefully will finish this weekend.

Did you see the Debr's post about returning to Hawaii???!?! :D

Archived