La Veranda reservation

Are you sailing on the PG? Their La Veranda is reservations only for dinner. You may be able to get in a second night. It will depend on how full your cruise is and a few other factors. By all means ask when you are onboard. It never hurts to ask.

Thanks Travellgirl. :)

Are you sailing on the PG? Their La Veranda is reservations only for dinner. You may be able to get in a second night. It will depend on how full your cruise is and a few other factors. By all means ask when you are onboard. It never hurts to ask.[/quote

So, the implication of Kathy's statement is that we really do need to make a reservation in advance...which of course is problematic (well, not THAT big a deal) as how do we know which day to pick? :confused: I guess one of our days at sea would best.:rolleyes:

Steve

When we went in 2004 and 2005 you could not reserve this until you were onboard the ship. But that has changed. Normally, the second night onboard is the Captain's welcome reception so if you book that night don't book too early or you will miss some of the reception. Also, if you've sailed on Radisson/Regent previously you will have an invitation to the Seven Seas Society party one evening. And if you are celebrating an anniversary that is another evening. Booking for 7:30 or later would be safe on any night without conflicting with one of these receptions that normally end around 7:00.

If you find out later that you missed something really wonderful in L'Etoile the night you ate up in La Veranda you should see the maitre d and request getting it your next evening in L'Etoile. They were really wonderful about accomodating us in this respect.

Go onto the RSSC website, under "my cruises". Your information will pop up and there will be a place to click to make the reservations.

It is only three days until the 30 day count to our voyager cruise and I was wondering how the on-line resevation will work. For instance, Do you need to enter your suite number? (Ours is not yet assigned!) and Do you get any sort of confirmation so that you can plan around the dinner or is it just a request that is not confirmed until you are on board? Finally, our TA told us (but admitted she wasn't certain) that on-line reservations are only offered to suites with butler service. Is this accurate?

Would appreciate the input of more experienced voyagers.

Thanks.

David

I tried going to "my cruises" and did not see anything that said reservations(we're not in a butler suite). When I went to book an excursion, that sheet came up with no problem. However, when I went into passenger information sheet I received an immediate time out error. Will try again.

Greg

The reason you can't book dinner reservations is your have 32 days until you cruise (Where are those documents??? Whooo HOOOO!!!) and you can't reserve until the 30 day mark. On your mark, get set, CRUISE!

30 days is correct. We sail on June 7 and I looked yesterday on RSSC and online reservations didn't show up,but this morning it was available under my booked cruise. Glad we were able to do this,because my DH didn't like the idea of having to make reservations right away after boarding. Just wanted to unwind after traveling.

Did you need your suite number in the online reservation process?

You need your booking number and name under which it is booked. You can create an account on the RSSC site and then you can request excursions 60 days out and make reservations in alternative restaurants 30 days out. Also has your itinerary, and guest info form. ( passport # , passenger names etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surfing here and noticed this about reservations for dinner. Is the Veranda that wonderful that we need to be concerned we won't get a reservation once on board?

On the PG, there is Le Etoile, (main diningroom - no reservations needed) or La Veranda (reservations required -Steakhouse/grill menu) and Apicius (French/Gourmet), which requires reservations. We did not have a great experience in La Veranda - but - we were with a group reservation our TA booked and they made a special meal for us. We loved Apicius, but, I think there may have been a change since our cruise last year.

Also, on the Reservations for the Voyager, if you go to "My Cruises" on the RSSC website, it tells you the evening's dress code, when and which restaurant you made reservations and the port and it lets you edit it. You can also add other guests names to your reservation.

Chat Kat, yes there have been changes. Apicius no longer exists. It is now just called La Veranda at night. We had excellent meals there and actually ate there 3 nights during our 10-day cruise. I thought the not-so-good meal your group had was at Le Grill.

----------

Eugene

Archived