New ship or good deal?

What do you think about this situation?

My first cruise was on the Explorer in Jan 04 easter route. We were upgraded from a balcony to a JS. So now we are hooked not only on cruising but the JS.

We have a back to back booked (in a JS of course ;) ) on the Explorer for Jan 07 eastern and western routes. When we were booking, some friends said they wanted to go with us on one week for their first cruise. Since it was going to be our friends first cruise, we decided to stay to stay with the Voyager class ships. All of the Voyager class ships that alternate routes, pretty much have the same eastern. We chose the Explorer again because we liked the western route better.

I have been looking at the new routes that have been posted for 2007 and 2008. The Explorer has a 12 Southern route in Jan 08 which seems like quite the deal right now. It is running $1639pp for a JS. Not much more than we are paying for one week on our B2B. I realize that the day/day and a half leaving and coming back to New Jersey will be on the chilly side. It still seems like a pretty good deal. There is the $99 special if we book now. Plus after the B2B we will be Platinum and get a balcony discout.

I really want to try a Radiance class ship. We had orginally planned to do the Panama Canel for our next cruise after the B2B. However, the bargin shopper in me is telling me to go with the good deal. The price would probably all us to do a shorter cruise later in the year.

Do I take the deal or try a new ship?

Marinda

Archived