Hammerhead Barrier Reef snorkel tour??

Patty C.

Help....anyone been on the Barrier Reef snorkel tour with Hammerhead (Goff's and Sergeant's Caye)? Leaving May 14 on a cruise and want great snorkeling and nice beach....not interested in Shark Ray Alley...doing the stingray thing in Caymen Island. Any opinion would be appreciated. :)

Help....anyone been on the Barrier Reef snorkel tour with Hammerhead (Goff's and Sergeant's Caye)? Leaving May 14 on a cruise and want great snorkeling and nice beach....not interested in Shark Ray Alley...doing the stingray thing in Caymen Island. Any opinion would be appreciated. :)

Hi Patty,

We are on the 5/14/06 cruise with you :)

We just booked the Goff's Cay morning snorkel tour through Carnival (Valor).

I have been emailing back and forth with Tom (Belize) trying to book a snorkel tour on our own, but it has not worked out.

At least this way we leave right from the ship and we get to snorkel from the boat or the beach at Goff's Cay as an option.

The price was not that much different than what Tom had quoted me from one company that never would respond to my emails.

We usually book all of our tours on our own. We prefer to do on our own usually smaller groups and more under water time :) but this time it was not working out.

Look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

Hello Shay1,

Wonderful....so we'll be on the same cruise together....looking forward to meeting you too! I'm here at work today and my mind is spinning cause I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO FOR THE TRIP!!! I just can't decide yet what to do at Belize. I don't know whether to do snorkeling at Goff's Caye or at Caulker Caye where there's more of a beach.....decisions....decisions. I'll let you know if we decide on the ship's excursion to Goff's Caye. :)

We cruised on the Carnival Miracle in early April and swam with the stingrays in both Grand Cayman and Caye Caulker. Shark ray alley is different because you get to swim with the Nurse Sharks. I would recommend snorkeling in both places because they're each unique in their own way. The rays in Cayman were large, but it was also packed with 150 other people who had come to the area with other tours. The rays in Belize were a bit smaller, but the Nurse Sharks were awesome! We were also the only tour there, and there were only nine of us. The Nurse Sharks were larger than I expected, but definitely nonthreatening like the rays. The coral on the barrier reef off Caye Caulker was huge with many different varieties and colors. My best pictures were taken there.

Coral Breeze Limited/Hammerhead is a great tour company and they had the timing down perfectly to fit the cruise lines schedules. I highly recommend them, no matter which tour you choose.

I guess it just depends on what you want. I am partial to snorkeling and am in the water every chance I get!

Archived