Bayonne Sail-away

Don't remember which board I was reading, about not seeing the Statue of Liberty as you leave Bayonne, that the cruise pier is too far south. But I just saw another poster's sail away pixs and they actually sailed by the Statue of Liberty.

I'm trying to copy the link, don't know if it will work or not.

Celebrity Constellation 4/19/06 Pictures from the cruise

Once there, click on sail away.

We have sailed from Bayonne 3 times in the last 2 years and you do not sail by the Statue of Liberty. You can see the Statue off the port side of the ship and get some great photos with a zoom lens but you definately do not sail by it.

I can't get the link to the picture to work. But after reading the posters saying that the cruise pier was well South of Liberty Island, I was surprised to see the photos of her on the port side of ship as it was leaving Bayonne. A far shot of her from the ship is better than not being able to see her at all. As well as the NY skyline. I've never been to NY before and while I plan to visit Ellis Island and Liberty Island, seeing her from the ship will be kind of special. Thanks for your info.:p

You will definately see the Statue and the NY skyline especially if you are up on deck for sail away. You just won't pass by them. Be sure to stay on deck when the ship sails under the VZ Bridge. It is amazing that it fits under the bridge.

Archived