Airport and Check in time for AOS

I am flying into Sanjuan on July 9th and the plane arrives at 4:30 from chicago. Does anyone know about how long it will take to get bags, get to the ship and estimated time to check in at that time?? Has anyone done this??? I have early dinner at 6 and am meeting a party of 18 will I make it???

I have flown into SJU many times to cruise. However, we have always flown in the day before.

From my expierence it has always taken a long time to get bags. Back in November 2005 it took over an hour, just to get the bags. The taxi ride from the airport to the ship should not be over 10 or 15 minutes. I do not know how long it will take to get on the AOS at that time but I would think at that time of day it should be pretty fast.

You may want to call your TA and see what the policy is for early seating people who can not make the ship at the time. I have cruised on Celebrity from SJU and they have an open seating policy for the first night, for both early and late.

Let us know how long it takes, I will be on the AOS on the July 30th sailing.

I doubt that there is anyway at all that you will make early seating on the first night. The airport is about 20 minutes away from the port. There are several flights that come in around 4:30 so I imagine that baggage claim will be as slow as ours was (about 45 minutes). Check in will all depend on who else gets there at the same time. Since 4:30 is about the earliest people traveling same day from the middle of the country can reach San Juan, I'd say you will be getting there around the same time as a lot of other people.

We flew in 2 days ahead and came in at 4:30p.m. Flights were full and we got our bags fairly timely. I would suggest, though, that you consider going to the Windjammer the first night as you will be pressed to get on the ship and try to settle in before dinner. Muster is at 8:15p.m.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jen

Not sure about the AOS but we were on the Serenade the end of November with a 10:00 p.m. sailing out of San Juan. Baggage claim took a good 30-45 minutes (be sure and keep your baggage claims handy - they do check to make sure you have the right ones) then out to taxi stand - taxi ride - check in (depends on how many in front of you) AND...

Since the muster was to be held in between early and late seating..... they pushed early seating up to 5:30 and late seating was 1/2 hour later than normal so there was time to eat.

If this is the case with AOS then there is no way you will make early seating.

Everything goes more slowly in the islands !!!!! - sit back and relax - it's your vacation......

We flew in 2 days ahead and came in at 4:30p.m. Flights were full and we got our bags fairly timely. I would suggest, though, that you consider going to the Windjammer the first night as you will be pressed to get on the ship and try to settle in before dinner. Muster is at 8:15p.m.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jen

Unless for some reason they choose to do it at a different time, ours was at 10:00AM Monday morning.

Unless for some reason they choose to do it at a different time, ours was at 10:00AM Monday morning.

Yours was probably the "different" time. I know RCCL tries to hold theirs day of sailing if at all possible.

Archived