Grandeur- Piano Bar?

Can anyone who has recently sailed the Grandeur tell me if there is at least some piano bar sing along and how it was? We are booked on May 26 out of Baltimore and my DH would really enjoy it.

Thanks,Valerie

Just got back Saturday from the grandeur--there are two places kinda like what you are looking for--the Schooner bar on deck 6--I think has a piano player that sings really good-- also in the Centurm they usually have someone singing and playing as well.:)

Is this your first time on this ship??

I know that is too weird!!

The Schooner bar is really good, yes you can request songs and people were singing along--

I have a review of our week if you would like me to send it to you--

I seem to remember the Schooner bar having a piano and sing alongs. I also thought the Champaign lounge was very nice and very under utilized. It was a very elegant place to hang out.

When I was on Grandeur last fall, I spent quite a bit of time in the Schooner bar near the piano. I really like piano music, and the guy was pretty good. I wasn't particulary impressed with the way they had it set up there though. My previous experience was on Explorer, where the Schooner bar was much larger, and better laid out. Of course they have a little more room to play with.

On Grandeur, they have the piano sort of stuck off to the side, in the main walkway that leads to the South Pacific Lounge. It was so dark in that area that you almost felt kind of creepy sitting close to the piano.

They could do much better if they just rearranged the furniture and lighting to give more of a "sitting around the piano" kind of feel.

Theron

Archived